“I really wanted to like it”
Review of The Taco Truck - CLOSED

The Taco Truck
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 11, 2014

But Taco Truck has been disappointing. I've gone at off times, so the waiting hasn't been the issue. It's the size of the portions, very small. I've had three kinds of tacos and a side order of beans (that was actually the best thing) and each time the tacos were tasty enough but small. Also everything is a la carte, so while it doesn't look expensive when you are standing in line because the individual items don't cost that much, by the time you order enough to fill you up and a $2.00 bottle of water (really!) it adds up.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

There was a lot of hype on the opening of this place so we went a week after it opened, we waited 30 minutes for 4 really not yummy at all tacos and the staff was at best condescending. Then we got a note on patch that they realized they for off on the wrong foot and offered an order of free tacos. Ok fair enough we will give it another try. NOT!!! It was faster but that was all that improved. Spend you $$$$ elsewhere

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This unique restaurant started out as a real truck selling Tacos in Hoboken. As their clientele increased they decided to open some restaurants with tables and the same great food. This was my first time there but everyone in my party raved about the food. I had Berenjena Torta, a crispy eggplant sandwich with avocado, crema and black bean spread. You can also have jalapenos. It was so good I ate it all and I'm a small eater. They also serve Aguas Frescas which are fruity water drinks. I drank enough mango to float a boat!

The others in my party enjoyed their famous Tacos, Quesadillas (which the 2 year old gobbled up, and Pollo Asado. I was amazed we could eat this much the day after Thanksgiving but we did. We had excellent service from Lawanda and if you go here tell her Joan sent you!

They are opening other stores, in fact already have 5 locations and I asked them to please open a place in Bucks County, PA. They can be found in Morristown, Hoboken, Upper Chelsea Market in NYC and Boston.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Two other friends and I were interested in trying the place. We each ordered 3 different tacos and shared one of each. We tried a pork, a shrimp, and a beef. The beef was so hard it was inedible if you didn't want to break a tooth. The shrimp, though a little too sweet with the pineapple, would have been ok had there actually been shrimp in it. Each taco had only 2 teeny tiny baby shrimp and then all lettuce. The pork was the only decent taco. The plantains and spicy corn on the cob were great, so thank goodness for that. I won't go back here. There are plenty of other great places in town.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The wife and I stopped here for lunch and after about 10 minutes of waiting for someone to take our order (think 10 minutes of waiting at McDonalds) we left and headed for pizza with the thought I'd stop on my way home for take out when it wasn't as crazy. The wife warned me that there would still be a wait and man was she right!

I got there at 3:40 and was 1 of 2 customers. I thought, great! I placed my order and was told to pick it up at window 3 (about 5 feet away). After 10 minutes the other woman's order was handed over to her. At this point I started counting employees who were simply standing around. There were 6. In another 10 minutes I was handed 2 bags.

When I got out to the car I realized I didn't have the 2 bottles of soda I ordered. Back in I went, and was given an extra for the oversight. I should have checked the rest of the order at that point.

We started with the carnitas tacos. I was literally flinging the grease off my dripping fingers. Lack luster in the extreme. The chorizo and potato was less greasy, but equally as unexciting. The guac I ordered wasn't there, neither was the pumpkin dipping sauce for the churros. The plantains did have creme, but where coated with granular sugar. That was weird.

So! With no one in the store but me they left 3 items out of my order and took 20 minutes to prepare it "fresh".

I think the other 2 reviews are ringers. Check Yelp and take it from there.