“Disappointing for all 3 of us”
Review of The Taco Truck - CLOSED

The Taco Truck
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Two other friends and I were interested in trying the place. We each ordered 3 different tacos and shared one of each. We tried a pork, a shrimp, and a beef. The beef was so hard it was inedible if you didn't want to break a tooth. The shrimp, though a little too sweet with the pineapple, would have been ok had there actually been shrimp in it. Each taco had only 2 teeny tiny baby shrimp and then all lettuce. The pork was the only decent taco. The plantains and spicy corn on the cob were great, so thank goodness for that. I won't go back here. There are plenty of other great places in town.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The wife and I stopped here for lunch and after about 10 minutes of waiting for someone to take our order (think 10 minutes of waiting at McDonalds) we left and headed for pizza with the thought I'd stop on my way home for take out when it wasn't as crazy. The wife warned me that there would still be a wait and man was she right!

I got there at 3:40 and was 1 of 2 customers. I thought, great! I placed my order and was told to pick it up at window 3 (about 5 feet away). After 10 minutes the other woman's order was handed over to her. At this point I started counting employees who were simply standing around. There were 6. In another 10 minutes I was handed 2 bags.

When I got out to the car I realized I didn't have the 2 bottles of soda I ordered. Back in I went, and was given an extra for the oversight. I should have checked the rest of the order at that point.

We started with the carnitas tacos. I was literally flinging the grease off my dripping fingers. Lack luster in the extreme. The chorizo and potato was less greasy, but equally as unexciting. The guac I ordered wasn't there, neither was the pumpkin dipping sauce for the churros. The plantains did have creme, but where coated with granular sugar. That was weird.

So! With no one in the store but me they left 3 items out of my order and took 20 minutes to prepare it "fresh".

I think the other 2 reviews are ringers. Check Yelp and take it from there.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Taco Truck had an info table at the Gran Fondo expo, so I was able to look at their menu offerings before I went to their in-store location at a nearby shopping plaza. They also have a truck (as the name implies) but that was not at the event. I went to the in-store location and ordered one of the shrimp tacos, which had all fresh ingredients and was tasty, too. A nice, quick and reasonbably healthy meal, certainly preferable to other "fast" food offerings. (Incidentally, The Taco Truck takes its time preparing items, since each is prepared to order; that's why I put quotes around "fast.") Definitely worth the wait!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try out the taco truck last weekend. Overall we were very pleased. Atmosphere is great- plenty of space, lots of parking outside.

I tried their signature dish, Pescado- fried catfish taco. Was excellent! Kids had quesadillas and my wife had the avocado tacos. Only issue I had was that I felt the one Pescado taco wasn't enough, and so I needed two... So I had to spend $10 but well-worth it. Service was a bit slow but I think they were still working out the kinks of a new business.

Looking forward to returning

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

After our trip to Mexico, we've been a search for yummy tacos, etc. in the area. Our first stop at the taco truck resulted in a quick leave as the line was too long and the service was too slow. We returned on a slow afternoon and while the service was still slow, it was worth it. An order of a pork and pineapple taco and another order of an avocado and bean taco were good choices for an afternoon snack. Besides the food, we liked Goethe taco came in a little taco stand so the tacos didn't fall over. Give it a try, but avoid it during peak hours.