“Best food and overall dinner experience in Morristown”

Washington St. Bistro
Ranked #36 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A cozy BYOB Bistro with Inspired Colonial Fare nestled in Morristown, NJ.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Fantastically well prepared food and great staff!
High quality, fresh and well thought through menu.
Nice little BYOB in center of town.
Best experience in Morristown area!!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a large group of friends [9] get together at the Washington St. Bistro this past weekend. Charming location!! We have this group meet up once/year in Morristown and always try someplace different.
For a BYOB I was suitably impressed with their selection of glassware, service ware and complete capability of servicing the table with the wide variety of items we brought it [many different wines and beers].
The menu was very comfort-food-centric with some interesting unusual items thrown in. Our server, Kelly, was fabulous and put up with the lot of us very well. We took a long time ordering and stayed well over the two hours a group of 9 usually should. I don't know if that was due to kitchen delays or simply us chatting so long it took forever to clear courses. Either way no one cared - we were mostly concerned with the company.
The food was tasty. I was not overly impressed with the presentation but some items were fabulous - the stuffed Artichoke appetizer was by far the biggest winner. The Pear/Parsnip soup was also a WOW ! The sides were also better than expected [Brussels Sprouts and the Cauliflower both got rave reviews] but small portions - ok to share for 2 people, but maybe not 3+ [order more of each if so].
My Cassoulet was tasty but not a wow. My husband had the seared duck breast and while it was tender, appeared over cooked.
I was impressed that not only did another server stop over to say hello, who remembered one person from our party from having dined there before but the chef [owner?] stopped over to inquire with everyone how it all was. THAT made my night! He obviously cares and will take suggestions to heart.
So - for the spring menu - my suggestion is a few more 'interesting' menu items. Great combinations and flavor pairings -- keep it up!

1  Thank Lady2300
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stopped in to one of my fav restaurants last week for simply soup and a dessert. Nice to know that a lone diner is treated as well as when part of a crowd. As usual, enjoyed the food.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

For a small restaurant they certainly can produce some excellent food. The mussels were some of the best I've ever eaten. Kale salad and the side of cauliflower were fantastic. I will definitely return sooner than later. Make sure to call for reservations.

2  Thank LakeladyB
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This establishment is wonderful. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The chef even came to ask us about the food. Our attentive waiter was named Paul. Be sure to book early as the restaurant is small.

1  Thank Pete C