“Best Sushi in the Northeast!”

Nagano Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 163 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2009

We rate all Sushi restaurants by their mackerel. Nagano ALWAYS wins hands down. Our slogan when we go elsewhere is "not as good as Nagano". The people that run the restaurant are so knowledgeable about their dishes and always make you feel very welcomed.

1  Thank LovesLovesToEatOut

Reviewed November 26, 2008

Nagano is what a sushi restaurant should be: Top quality ingredients, beautiful presentation, welcoming sushi bar, relaxed atmosphere. If you want a trendy crowd, bar with flat-panel tvs, and you don't much care how the sushi is, go elsewhere. If you want the best sushi (and other Japanese specialties) in town, choose Nagano.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Relatively good for Japanese food in NJ. Of course there are much better ones in Manhattan.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
Lincoln Park, NJ
Reviewed March 10, 2005

I lived in Japan for 9 years, then moved to Germany, where there was no JPN food to be found. Then I came to the US for college, and was treated to some outstanding sushi in upstate NY. When I moved to northern Jersey, I was astonished at some of the truly horrid sushi I found. Then a coworker recommended Nagano's. That was 3 weeks ago today. I went for lunch and dinner that first Friday. Next Friday, I did the same. And this Friday, as of 1:23 pm, I have had 5 great meals there. From sushi to udon to tonkatsu, their food is fantastic. Service is friendly, but occasionally a bit slow like today when they were completely swamped. I intend to become a regular at Nagano's, visiting at least once a week. Already they recognize me when I arrive.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member