“The best up and coming eatery in Morristown”
Review of End of Elm

End of Elm
Reserve with OpenTable
End of Elm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A night out at this Morristown restaurant is about atmosphere, style and fun; whether that is for an hour or an entire evening. You can choose to relax in our comfortable lounge with sofas and club chairs, belly up to our spacious bar, hang out at our 16 seat bar height – copper topped community table, or cozy up a one of our banquette tables. You will find End of Elm to be a very relaxing venue to spend time with your friends. End of Elm is located at 140 Morris St, right at the end of Elm St, we serve up drinks in the shadow of the picturesque Morristown Train Station; an ode to the heyday of luxury railway travel and put a bit of that luster in everything we do. Our formula is simple: great food, great drinks and an inviting place in which to spend your evenings. This is one Morristown restaurant that will not disappoint.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Finally, a classy restaurant with an energetic vibe with a smooth-looking bar, welcome dining area, a relaxing lounge, great drink menu and good-tasting food in the Morristown area! Although the restaurant/bar is in a compact space, it also makes great use of this space so that the vibe is much bigger than the measurements of the walls. This has become my go-to place in Morristown.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great to see small restaurant dedicated to modern american cuisine in Morristown! In addition to a decent craft beer selection, the cocktails at End of Elm are really to die for. A real NYC style feel. I highly recommend this restaurant for the bar scene and great selection of small plates.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Trendy spot - noisy environment, which also means that people were enjoying themselves. We were there on a bitter cold night and there was a constant draft from the open door. Hostess was great in seating us promptly, with a reservation. Waiter was very knowledgeable. Food was really good - will definitely try them again

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I had been to End of Elm once before and we really enjoyed it, so we decided to try it again for a double date with my sister-in-law and her boyfriend. We had another great experience! The small plates are fun for sharing, and we enjoyed everything we had to eat. We had the truffle fries & chicken and waffles last time and ordered them again, just as delicious as we had remembered. We shared those, and then each ordered our own small plate as an entree. My husband loved his burger, my sister-in-law really enjoyed her sliders, her boyfriend raved about his sashimi tuna pizza and the fettuccine primavera I ordered was light & super tasty. Everything was yummy, the service was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere. The food is a little pricey, but if you share, that helps & the food is great quality. Overall, definitely a place we will likely visit again. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

After reading previous reviews, I had to reserve a table here for my new years eve dinner. My boyfriend and I studied the menu prior to the date and selected our favorites. Therefore we were slightly disappointed when we arrived and there was a limited holiday menu with raised prices. Although this is entirely understandable for the busy night, a small disclaimer on the website would have been nice, as other restaurants in the area had their holiday menus online. In fact, we had to listen to a neighboring table argue heatedly with their server about it. I couldn't help but agree, as most of the dishes we had been looking forward to trying were not available.
The restaurant is set apart from the main morristown strip, not necessarily in the nicest location and a little hidden away in a corner around the back of the train station. The inside was smaller than expected, yet cute and less pretentious and more relaxed. We ordered some drinks at the bar while waiting for a table. The bartender was friendly and helpful, offering me a taste of several wine choices without me asking.
Once seated, our server was nice enough to guide us with portion sizes. We started with the shrimp and grits small plate. I was less than blown away. The dish was bland overall and the grits were a bit too creamy for my taste. There was almost no andouille and the shrimp needed some sort of cajun spice to bring the dish to life. We tried the chicken and waffles as well. Although the chicken was severely overdone, the dish was fantastic. It was drizzled with a maple sauce that made the dish sweet and delicious. Finally, we had the flank steak with fries. We ordered medium rare and received a steak that was less than rare, plain raw in fact, and still cold in the middle. Not wanting to both our server or the kitchen on such a busy night, we gritted our teeth and dug in. The seasoning on the steak was absolutely spectacular once we got past how undercooked it was. Probably one of my favorite steaks of all time. We were a little insulted when gratuity was added to the check, though. Hopefully the server had no choice in the matter.
The 3 dishes were enough to fill up the 2 of us. We split a dessert and were more than full. We actually spent a lot less than expected. Complimentary champagne was also a nice touch. The service was painfully slow, but it is hopefully more fast paced on a normal night. Despite the flaws in the preparation, the food was still wonderful. I am willing to attribute the problems to a decrease in quality due to the holiday. I look forward to returning for the full menu, and hopefully the food prepared to perfection this time.