“They need a liquor License”

Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cattano Ave
Chatham, New Jersey
“They need a liquor License”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

First time visit. I loved the decor! Really cool! The food was very good but I missed having a drink/ cocktail. I did not know this was a BYOB. This place screams for fun, trendy cocktails!
I am not a wine drinker, so I don't know if I will be back. I really like to enjoy my one martini before dinner.

• Visited August 2014

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great food, slow disjointed service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ate here last night as part of a group of 16 people attending an event at the nearby Hyatt Morristown. Very nice food, especially the seafood dishes. I had some sort of seafood soup to start- a nightly special, and paella for my entree, both were good. I also got great comments about the blackened scallops, Mariscada, and the steak (though it was ordered well done, so I don't know how well they deal with less cooked orders). Atmosphere was nice too.

As good as the food was, the service was painful. We had a single waitress, and while she was knowledgeable about the menu and friendly, she had no idea who had ordered what when she delivered the food, and the entrees were delivered over about a 20 minute period from start to finish. The restaurant was not particularly busy, and a few in the group said they had experienced this before at the place.

This is really too bad, as the food was good enough to deserve a better rating. I may give it another chance, but I am in no rush- especially for a large group.

• Visited July 2014
Hopewell, New Jersey
“Hip place with good flavors, but poor value and slow service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you are looking for a trendy place to eat with a fun atmosphere and quirky wait staff, then this is the place to go. But expect to get small portions for a big price. The mussels appetizer, while full of flavor, had mussels that were all shell and very little meat. Same goes for the paella - which is a recommended dish. Having sampled this dish at some of the best restaurants here and abroad, I highly recommend that you save your money and order something else. Unless you like a $30 delicious bowl of rice - great flavor, but very skimpy on the main ingredients that make up the dish - tiny clams, tiny mussels, two pieces of chorizo, minuscule bits of chicken, and a quarter of a lobster tail. My companion ordered the mariscada, which again, was full of flavor, but served over such a small portion of pasta that is was drowning in the sauce. Another friend has the short ribs, which were fork tender and generous in size, but it was served with one stalk of undercooked broccoli. Service was super friendly, but very, very slow.

My take away is this....if you want good Portuguese or Italian food, drive 15 minutes east and hit the Iron Bound section of Newark or Little Italy in NY. But if you don't mind dropping some $$$ to be seen in the trendiest restaurant in Morristown - go for it. On the plus side, it is BYOB (just don't have them make you the sangria if you are gluten-free, as it has hops in it).

• Visited July 2014
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Food A Service A+”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Treated like a VIP from the minute we touched the door handle! It started with Patrick and kept getting better. Slight problem with our reservation (our fault) but they handled it graciously. Even on a Saturday night.

Our waiter Gabriel was knowledgable and entertaining. Our food was excellent. We had his suggestions and we were not sorry.

You can tell customer service was top priority.

We do girls weekend whenever we can and we will not hesitate to go back! What a gem of a place!!

Roxbury, New Jersey
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We met old friends there and the menu was very eclectic and interesting. The waiter brought us a complimentary meatball appetizer. I usually don't eat restaurant meatballs because they are usually spongy or tasteless, but these were the best meatballs I ever had! The stuffed pepper was very good too. If you bring your own wine in, they make a pretty yummy red sangria with it. The waiter, although not refined as I would expect in a restaurant of this type, was friendly and attentive. The owner (or manager) came to check on us as well. For 4 people it was $200 after time with apps, meals and desserts to share so that it pretty reasonable for the quality. I would only recommend to add a little interest to the dessert menu since it was pretty run-of-the-mill. Otherwise a spectacular new addition to M-town!

• Visited June 2014