“Great dinner!”

GK's Red Dog Tavern
Ranked #8 of 155 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Had a great dinner on Valentine's Day! Sergio was a great server! Rod's was booked up so we settled for G.K's. Glad we did! Love the hotel and restaurants here!

Visited February 2014

Morristown, New Jersey
“Excellent drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good food, slower service great drinks though. Don't expect much from the service staff on questions on the menu.

Visited January 2014
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Not as Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went out to eat and heard good things about this restaurant which is attached to the Madison Inn.
The Tavern opened at 4:00 p.m., and we arrived there about 4:15.

Since they are a steakhouse and I heard good things, I looked forward to their prime rib. It was featured on the menu, but the waiter said that it would not be ready until 5:30. I was disappointed because it was on the menu and I came a long way. Then he said I'll check, and when he came back, he said it was ready then. We placed our order and sat and sat and sat waiting. Everyone else was served who came in later. About 5:10 we were told that the prime rib was done but we still had to wait for the dinner and they apologized. We were very patient. They didn't even put bread on the table.

At 5:30 they brought the plates out. One was a hamburger platter. The other was the prime rib which looked as if it were only microwaved quickly. Usually a steakhouse will serve on a sizzling platter which is very hot. Instead this was thrown on the plate looking very unappetizing with no garnishment, not even parsley or green beans. A luke warm dish with a plain steak in the middle of an oversized dish. This steak was $32.00 for a 6 oz steak. They did say they had side dishes which were ala carte so I ordered spinach and mashed potatoes. The two side dishes came separate in big dishes enough for 2 or 3 people. The creamed spinach was good but the potatoes were bland and heavy - not whipped well. I had a plain steak without garnishment and 2 big side orders larger than the steak. The steak was served without any steak sauce and did not have any flavor. I couldn't finish the food as I didn't like it.

I don't think I'll return. The dining room is attractive but somewhat noisy. The waiter wasn't attentive. After they put the food down, they never came back to check to see if everything was okay.

Chatham, New Jersey
“Good Pub Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The food is good; 3 burgers with entrees; atmosphere is nice with a beautiful ceiling. It's part of Rod's in Convent Station. We'll return. They need to move the bus boy station elsewhere so clanging plates are not part of the pub sound.

warren, nj
“Great neighborhood tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Great for casual dining- it's at the same location as Rods Steakhouse which is more upscale located in the Madison Hotel. We've dined here often and the quality of both the hamburgers and turkey burgers is top notch. Many more menu items but so far I keep ordering the sirloin burger, it's just THAT good. My only slight negative was a grumpy hostess last night. The person who greets you should smile and welcome you- sets the tone for the evening; but our friendly, efficient waiter more than made up for her sour disposition. Family friendly. Enjoy!