“Good food and service!”

Ranked #9 of 163 Restaurants in Morristown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went here for dinner by myself (on business), and found the service to be super attentive and friendly. The soup of the day was delicious, and the salad good, too. Quite a busy place, and seemed to be popular with the locals!

1  Thank Jenniebeth

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lunch at the Red Dog Tavern (at Rod’s Steak House) was a pleasant surprise. My wife and I had been to Rod’s a number of times in the past for dinner. We were driving up Madison Ave towards Morristown and at the last minute decided to stop for lunch at their tavern. We arrived around noon. The dining room was pretty quiet – but not for long. The room filled fast, and, I think, for good reason. My wife had the Marguerite Flat Bread that looked similar to a pizza we split in Trapani, Sicily last year – although a little smaller. This one was rectangular in shape and at least 18” on the long side - easily enough for lunch. It had a very thin crust, though not brittle, and was very tasty (I had a bite or 3). I ordered the open-faced turkey sandwich. The menu indicated that the sandwich came with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and gravy – it was aptly described by our waitress as “…like Thanksgiving dinner”. The turkey was moist and the gravy reminded me of Mom’s. I had asked if coleslaw could be substituted for the cranberry sauce. No, but I could substitute the potatoes with the coleslaw, which I did. The coleslaw was not store-bought. It was creamy, fresh and sweet – perfect. Altogether, a nice lunch - especially considering the Red Dog Tavern was a last minute choice. Lunch for the 2 of us, which included a soft drink and a beer, without tip, was $28.00.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

waited almost 2 hours for a table and the food was cold, bad and the place is tired and unattractive. not sure what the fuss is about. horrid except for the cute dishes for fries

Reviewed December 24, 2012

He was so patient with us - we got there an hour before closing, and he didn't bat an eye. The food was excellent, and having a bartender with a sense of humor was even nicer.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Good menu choices and and reasonable prices. Great milk shakes. Can get a little noisy at lunch since it is a popular spot for business folks