“A nice way to end the evening”
Review of Cafe on the green - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe on the green
Description: Home made Gelato is their speciatly. Happy to write a review
Description: Home made Gelato is their speciatly. Happy to write a review
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stopped here after a benefit pub crawl, primarily for coffee. A couple of us also sampled and bought some of their ice cream. The coffee was very good, as was the ice cream, but the atmosphere was the real winner here. Sometimes you just want a relaxing, casual place for dessert or to just chat. The atmosphere here is kind of eclectic bistro meets coffee club. The back area has a casual clubby feel. The front has tables that were exactly what I remembered from our kitchen in the 1950's. It just makes you feel at home!
Service was fast and friendly, and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Cafe on the Green a great place to enjoy very good food and spend time chit chatting with a friend. I go to Cafe on the Green often - at least twice a month if not more. I will go with my BF to grab a quick dinner before a movie. I've gone with my sister to just dish and catch up. I really love this place. I've picked up take out just because I love the food.

FOOD:

-SANDWICHES: The sandwiches are excellent. Sandwiches are offered on whole wheat, ciabatta, or sour dough bread and include selection of potato chips, side salad, or soup. My favorite sandwiches are the Thanksgiving and the Roast. The Thanksgiving consists of turkey with cranberry, mayo and cheese. The Roast is roast beef with cheese and horseradish.

-SIDE SALADS: simple organic mixed greens with a lemon dressing that is perfect.

-SOUPS: Soups vary by day, but I've had SEVERAL excellent soups. I've never had a bad soup: the Chicken Orzo, the Loaded Baked Potato, Cream of Tomato, Minestrone - all Very GOOD.

-DESSERTS: Cupcakes - I LOVE the Red Velvet. Macaroons - my favorite is the coconut. There are SO many flavors to chose from, but coconut and chocolate hit the spot for me. Cannoli was good.

-DRINKS: I love their hot chocolate. My sister, who is a former Starbucks Barista, loves getting coffee drinks. There is a selection of WONDERFUL organic teas. Also available is a selection of bottled drinks, sweet tea etc...

ATMOSPHERE:
There are two distinct seating areas in the cafe both eclectic collection a la shabby chic. The front is decorated in lighter colors - white wall paper with gold colored tree trunks, pastel table tops, etc. My preferred section is the back - a pink/purple area with scratch & sniff wall paper behind a sofa with two large side chairs that look like they came out of Alice & Wonderland. The back area also has at least three tables for eating lunch.

I love this place. In fact I should go back today after writing this review. Like their Facebook page to find out the soup specials of the day.

1  Thank HappyHikerGirl
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for a quick meal before a show. Very nice atmosphere with excellent service. The coffee and gelato are wonderful. The food is very good and overall it's a great value.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch on a Friday. Had the special of the day which was a Reuben. Rye bread was not one of the options so I tried the focaccia. Sandwich was generously sized and very tasty. Side of soup came with it and was good also. Atmosphere and decor was unique. Service was extremely friendly though a little slow, so this might not be the best choice if you're in a hurry. Being in the middle of town, parking can be a challenge, but there are plenty of meters and lots within a short walk. Overall had a great time and would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really like this little cafe, it reminds me very much of the small intimate and kind of funky place in the West Village in NYC. It is a great place for a soap and sandwich with your laptop! I see a for sale sing on the entire building, I hope that doesn't mean they are leaving!!