“Upscale Pizzeria in Motown”
Review of Tomato Pie of Morristown - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tomato Pie of Morristown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dehart St
Transit: Lot across the street behind the Wells Fargo on Dehart St.
Description: Tomato Pie is located in the heart of Morristown right near the Green. We offer classic Italian fare and the highest quality old world Tomato Pie pizza originating from the Island of Sicily. We feature the highest quality tomatoes on our pizza to compliment the delicious cheese and thin crisp crust, that certainly separates us from the competition. In addition to our amazing pizza, we offer desserts that are all made in house from scratch. For the kids entertainment, you cannot go wrong with our tableside campfire s'mores. With great service and outstanding food, a Tomato Pie dining experience is a must. We look forward to serving you with our passion for Italian food and hospitality.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I have dined at Tomato Pie several times. Parking on the street nearby is difficult but there is a parking garage across the street that offers ample parking at a reasonable price, so that's a plus that didn't exist in Morristown just a few years ago.

We tried ordering something other than pizza the last time there. My wife wife tried one of the specials - a lemon garlice shrimp dish. She is normally very tolerant but on this occasion she could not eat it. Way too lemony with very small and few shrimp so she sent it back. I cannot recall that happening before. The next serving was only marginally better so she told the waitress who remarked, "we are really not too much of a seafodd place so you should not expect too much for these types of dishes." My meal was a pasta bollegnase that was OK but not great.

Despite all of this previous visits to Tomato Pie have been better, so I cannot use this one experience to rate it badly. Weather permitting they have a few tables outside which is nice. We did so one time and when the rain came down in buckets the waitstaff was very quick and helpful in relocating us inside.

The pizza is very good - if that is what you are in the mood for - and we have had other non-pizza dishes on the standard menu that are pretty good. So we will definitely go back and hope they achieve a better consistency in the quality of their servings.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Rude service. Shriveled up calzone. Overpriced. Are you kidding me? This place is seriously bad. This is just a glorified pizzeria that misses the mark by a longshot.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Shared the $9 caprese appetizer which was good, but very small. The waiter raved about the pork cannelloni with mozzarello and pommodoro sauce so we ordered them. They come out and look like a children's portion! Also, they needed ricotta cheese to taste better.

The sicilian tuna with fennel and olives was very good, but small. I usually have some food left over but not here. Ended up sharing my entree with SO since he was hungry after eating his kids meal.

The place also need a bit of pizzazz. Put up some wall art or something if you want to look like a restaurant and not a pizzeria.

1  Thank EscapeChick
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We've been meaning to try this restaurant since it opened. Pizza ia astaple in out houshold and we always argue what toppings to get. At Tommatoe Pie you don't have to fight over toppings. THe individual pie is great! Many choices for topping so we were all happy. Went on a Saturday night and the place was buzzing with noise and energy. Service was really good. I loved the thing pie crust, my husband not as much but we all enjoyed what we ordered. THe plus side of the thin crust is its not as filling. This is a BYOB too! My daughter in her twenties came here for a adate and lved it too!

1  Thank monkeyboobs
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've eaten here on a number of occasions and have typically enjoyed it. Their pizzas have a thinner crust,but the fresh ingredients really make them great. My wife especially appreciates their gluten free pizzas. The decor is trendy and open,and lends to an atmosphere that is comfortable for families, groups,and couples to all enjoy. The menu is somewhat simple,butthere truly is something for everyone,and again,the use of fresh ingredients seems to be seen in everything. Service is pretty good.