“not worth the price of admission.”

Fosterfields Living Historical Farm
Ranked #9 of 29 things to do in Morristown
More attraction details
Owner description: A 19th-century working farm complete with a restored Gothic Revival mansion.
Reviewed May 6, 2012

As a homeschooler, I love historical and educational places. This one is in an unexpected place, and I was excited about going. We went in the late fall and were very disappointed. If it were free, donations, or nominal, it would have made for a pleasant hour or so. However, we paid full price but nothing was going on. We wandered through the big barn and along some trails, but I have seen more exciting visitors centers than this. I have heard that in the spring and summer and early fall there are lots more to see, and demonstrations and talks that make it more interesting. Fine, my bad for going in the off season, but how about if you do not charge full price when there is nothing to see but empty fields, a hay barn, and bare trees?
Never went back because the taste in my mouth was so bad. We get more out of driving the back roads to Mendham.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Fun seeing animals and the working farm. Son loved seeing everything, especially the tram ride.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

they will have a blast. The house is a treat to tour. You step back to the time it was built and see how it was to live without screens on your windows, without electronics - kids need to see this earlier simpler time.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I've taken my first graders here to experience a farm setting. The students like to hear about the chickens, pigs, horses etc. The information they give you before you come is a great way to prepare for the day. There are some hands on activities for the students which include taking the corn off the cob, washing down the leather straps used with the horses, and taking their turn churning milk in the kitchen. Informative tour guides.

1  Thank cyndy b
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This was a short trip for us, which was perfect since we have two young children who can't do very long outings anyway. The animals were a draw for our 2 year old, who unfortunately did not want to participate in the interesting corn-cracking demonstration like the other kids who were there. The people were really friendly and very knowledgeable about life on a farm 100 years ago. The coolest part for us was the small exhibit on the farm's vehicles. All in all, a nice chilled-out day.