“i grew up in maplewood--”
Review of Don's Burgers Fries & Fountain - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 11, 2013

So, nothing like a home cooked meal. Ambience is a little too mcdonalds, and as a result it is not the destination it could have been. But their burgers and onion rings, and pizza burgers, well all we need is grunings hot fudge and $5.00 special and I might be tranformed to 12 years old again. YUM

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The inspiration of Don's new owner shows in his enthusiasm and that of his staff. If looking for excellence in casual food, Don's is a match!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a cheeseburger. Nothing to rave about. Bread was a little greasy. I've been told to try the PIZZABURGER, though.
Must go back for that! Hope as good as I remember from the Short Hills location.
Atmosphere was typical...not warm or cozy.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was the first customer of the day there yesterday with my son. What a disappointment. Whomever was responsible for cleaning up from the last night(s), didn't do it. There was food all over the floor. Our booth had salt and crumbs all over it and ketchup on the seats and nice white subway tiled walls!!! There was also a stench of sour milk, cream, vomit or something. I told someone (it's not clear who works there...they all wear regular clothes. with the white and red/black interior, maybe start there..red shirt/white shirts and black pants). He didn't listen to me. Then another couple sat next to me. The woman couldn't stand the stench and moved to another table...and then another!!! I wish I had read these reviews before going there!

The fries were burnt, but soggy and greasy...left overs from the night before? I've never had a worse burger. If burgers are your thing, they should shine! Ordered mine well done...came out pink, greasy and with NO flavor. I poured on the salt and ate a bit more. The meat was GROSS! It fell apart and had a weird color and smell! I will never go there again. My son and I both had loose stools that night. Sorry, but true!!!

Walking out I noticed crumbs, dust, whatever on the nice sliver ledge by the front door. If you are going to deck out a place in white (patterned floors and the such hide dirt and crumbs if you're not going to clean) then clean the damn stuff off! It's not hard to see filth and ketchup all over white floors, seats and walls!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Don’s location next to the Community Theater is a plus for Morristown. It has a diner style interior with booths or tables and also outside tables. The burgers are similar to SmashBurgers but maybe thicker. My wife and I have been there before and stopped by tonight because it was convenient. We both had cheddar burgers w/fries. We were there when they first opened and were impressed with the quality and flavor of the burgers and the shoe string style fries. Tonight the burgers were juicy and good but they changed the cut of the fries to look like Five Guys fries. We felt the thinner cut shoe string style fries made Don’s different from other burger joints. They are still good fries but thicker.