“Not grilled cheese, but paninis - good though”

The Grilled Cheese Factory
Ranked #106 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I guess it is technical, but when you take bread, oil it a bit, and put cheese in between and press it in a panini machine, it's a panini. Not a grilled cheese.

We expected grilled cheeses, that is, bread buttered on the outside, with cheese and whatever else inside, and fried or then put into a press. These were panini, with very little oil on them so the crunchy buttery taste was not there.

But it was very good though expensive. We might go back, but not without a Groupon. The bread was quite fresh and I had roast beef which was nicely rare and fresh as well.

Just don't go expecting grilled cheese. Maybe there is some kind of translation issue?

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife, who got a deal on Groupon ($16 for $8).The sandwiches were pretty big and delicious. A bit expensive for a grill cheese but it was tasty. I had the Chipolte and she had the Honey Mustard. Mine was better. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Last night, after some consideration, I ordered a sandwich that cost 7.95. It was a Saturday night, and being that it was my first time I took a little while to choose my sandwich. Apparently the girl working the register took this as me being drunk... I was the DD for my friends. Not a drink.

She charged me on my card 17.01 for a sandwich that cost 7.95. MORE THAN DOUBLE!!!! When I asked about it she said that she thought I ordered two. The receipt said only one. She offers me a drink to compensate I refuse. I tell her to void the transaction but she says she can't. At this point she offers me cash saying it was a mistake.

At this point another girl hearing the commotion comes to the counter saying she was overcharged as well. A third person we talked to after also told us the place over charged him. I'd imagine this girl is robbing people by overcharging the drunk people who come in and putting the extra in the tip jar. The night manager wrote it off as "we were busy" (by no means was it "busy" enough to merit that kind of mistake) and it was a mistake. But when three people got drastically overcharged in a 10 minute span, that's a ridiculous claim. While talking to the manager the girl was telling him to give us free sandwiches to cover her tracks.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the girl even seemed remotely remorseful that she got caught, but towards the end she was giving us attitude as if WE did something wrong!

It's a shame because the food was decent, albeit a bit over priced, but this whole experience was just outrageous. I hope the owner sees this and takes some action because he is apparently a decent human being.

1  Thank hungone
Reviewed June 25, 2013

If your going to open a grilled cheese place, you have to nail it, because we can all make this stuff at home easily. I went there and ordered a grilled cheese with a tomato soup. Classic combo right? the Tomoato soup tasted literally out of a can. Being a grilled cheese spot, you have to nail the tomato soup. Jazz it up a bit with herbs and spices. All and all, after spending $8 and change for a grilled cheese, tomato soup and a can of soda, i wish i just made it at home.

2  Thank Christina D
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I purchased a "Groupon" to have lunch here. Ordering was a bit awkward, as the two young guys behind the counter worked out who was going to do the cooking and who was going to take our order. The "Original" grilled cheese sandwich is $6! For two slices of bread and two slices of cheese! I can buy 1 lb. of fresh deli cheese and a loaf of bread for $6! The prices go up from there. Not surprisingly, the sandwich was okay. How can anyone mess up grilling a sandwich, short of burning it. The Groupon came in handy, otherwise I would've walked out of there spending a fortune on grilled cheese sandwiches. I haven't returned since. It's just not worth the price.