“2nd Time here...as nice as the 1st time.”
Review of Market Taverne

Market Taverne
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Taverne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Market Taverne offers modern rustic charm in a 19th century farmhouse. Getting back to basics, we specialize in fresh, flavorful food, and personalized service. We invite you to join us for a seasonally inspired meal in our dining room, or a specialty cocktail at the bar. Our private rooms are perfect for hosting a corporate business meeting, lively cocktail party, birthday, graduation, shower, rehearsal dinner or any special occasion, including an intimate wedding.
Princeton, New Jersey
“2nd Time here...as nice as the 1st time.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped with our extended family (9) on a Sunday evening (no reservation) and The Market Restaurant could easily seat us at a large round table. The menu is good with many choices - which appealed to a wide variety of tastes. I had the salmon which was delicious - the steak, meatloaf and other seafood choices were enjoyed by others. Desserts were wonderful and the service was excellent with a very attentive pleasant staff. The first time we ate here was on New Years Eve for a family dinner before midnight - the place was decorated so nicely for the New Year and we had a wonderful meal that night too. Would definitely recommend and will be back when we're in the area!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FrenIrishW

Bedminster, New Jersey
“Better than expected”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Based on reading prior reviews and feedback from family and friends who have tried Market, I left pleasantly surprised and would go back. Our servers were attentive and accommodating and a manager stopped by the table halfway through the meal to check on everything. The food is good, not great, but the white wine and sun dried tomato broth of the mussel appetizer was so good I almost asked for a spoon to get it all after finishing the mussels.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank CD430
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Average quality, slow but friendly service”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Dined here last night for the first time since ownership changed at the suggestion of good friends of ours. Not impressed...at all. The wife's meal was very good but I should never have ordered linguine and shrimp/clams at this type of restaurant. Pasta was limp and the entire meal was soupy. However, the wife ordered the mussels appetizer (for dinner) which she raved about. Service was very slow too (it took about 8-10 minutes for our server to first show up and take our drink order) but that could have been due to a rehearsal dinner being hosted at the same time. I'll try this place one more time but if it's not much, much better, it's off the list. There are simply too many better dining options within a 5 mile radius of this place.

• Visited July 2013
Hunterdon County, NJ
“Good”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with a coworker a few days ago. Had the salmon Niçoise salad. There was certainly nothing objectionable about it but it wasn't memorable. Service was very good. Unclear why its called Market; it doesn't seem to relate to anything.

Visited June 2013
Chester, New Jersey
“Really hit the spot!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stopped-in late on a weekday evening in March just prior to kitchen closing and opted to sit at the two open seats at the end of the bar. Admittedly up front I don't recall every dish that we ordered that night, but it's a rare occasion I walk away from a place and everything was just right on! Ambiance in the bar area was nice, and we were served quickly for drinks, food, and refills. My wife and I shared a pizza, and split a burger. She relented to having pepper jack as the cheese but I had to get the sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side.... advantage me since I had twice as meny to myself. Good pizza, near perfect burger. The fries were great, the craft beer I chose was cold and crisp. Desert I don't recall what we opted to split but again it was just... really.... good!

Prices may have been just a touch above average. Prospective first time patrons beware of the Morristown address. The restaurant is about halfway between Bernardsville and the center of Morristown. I'd have to disagee with my co-reviewer in choosing the Grain House over the Market. I had my engagement party there, my in-laws had their 40th anniversary there so I am familiar with the restaurant and it's definitely a nice place, but if in the Harding/Baskig Ridge/Bernanrdsvile area and looking for a place to go, the Market's near the top of our revisit list.

• Visited March 2013