“Really hit the spot!”
Review of Market Taverne

Market Taverne
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Taverne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Market Taverne offers modern rustic charm in a 19th century farmhouse. Getting back to basics, we specialize in fresh, flavorful food, and personalized service. We invite you to join us for a seasonally inspired meal in our dining room, or a specialty cocktail at the bar. Our private rooms are perfect for hosting a corporate business meeting, lively cocktail party, birthday, graduation, shower, rehearsal dinner or any special occasion, including an intimate wedding.
Chester, New Jersey
“Really hit the spot!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stopped-in late on a weekday evening in March just prior to kitchen closing and opted to sit at the two open seats at the end of the bar. Admittedly up front I don't recall every dish that we ordered that night, but it's a rare occasion I walk away from a place and everything was just right on! Ambiance in the bar area was nice, and we were served quickly for drinks, food, and refills. My wife and I shared a pizza, and split a burger. She relented to having pepper jack as the cheese but I had to get the sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side.... advantage me since I had twice as meny to myself. Good pizza, near perfect burger. The fries were great, the craft beer I chose was cold and crisp. Desert I don't recall what we opted to split but again it was just... really.... good!

Prices may have been just a touch above average. Prospective first time patrons beware of the Morristown address. The restaurant is about halfway between Bernardsville and the center of Morristown. I'd have to disagee with my co-reviewer in choosing the Grain House over the Market. I had my engagement party there, my in-laws had their 40th anniversary there so I am familiar with the restaurant and it's definitely a nice place, but if in the Harding/Baskig Ridge/Bernanrdsvile area and looking for a place to go, the Market's near the top of our revisit list.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank borisow

San Francisco, CA
“Okay and pricey”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very nice environment. Dining room areas are partitioned so that you feel like you're in comfortable and casual dining room. Menu looks interesting and our food was okay. Service was decent, not spectacular. We had the crabcake salad, butternut squash ravioli with brussel sprouts. Nice intent, but didn't hit the mark. Go to the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn instead.

Visited January 2013
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Can't Wait to Go Back!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were there for a post-holiday company dinner and the evening was terrific! The hor d'oeuvres were delicious and the butler service was excellent. Our dinner choices were braised short ribs, grilled sirloin medallions, pan seared bronzini and cast iron chicken. I tried the short ribs and the sirloin and both were cooked to perfection and could be cut with a fork! My coworkers said the fish and chicken were very good as well. The servers were very attentive, professional and friendly. The creme brûlée was delicious! Looking forward to our next visit and sampling new items.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cindy586
Morristown, New Jersey
“Terrible Customer Service at Market”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Time and time again, the service is really poor at Market. They don't treat their customers very well, and they certainly don't go out of their way to make things better. Management and owners don't seem to really care and the reputation of their management and owners is one of arrogance. There's no consistency. This restaurant and the people who run it are not classy. So many better restaurants in the area to go to. p.s. they run out of specials very early on a regular basis.

• Visited December 2012
morristown, nj
“noisy and nice”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

we love going to Market for a good meal. It is close to home and homey, although acoustics are a bit of an issue. It is still very good and the food is really good. nice bar

Visited November 2012