“Keeping a 4, but they changed the duck salad.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market Taverne

Market Taverne
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Taverne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 155 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Market Taverne offers modern rustic charm in a 19th century farmhouse. Getting back to basics, we specialize in fresh, flavorful food, and personalized service. We invite you to join us for a seasonally inspired meal in our dining room, or a specialty cocktail at the bar. Our private rooms are perfect for hosting a corporate business meeting, lively cocktail party, birthday, graduation, shower, rehearsal dinner or any special occasion, including an intimate wedding.
New Vernon, New Jersey
“Keeping a 4, but they changed the duck salad.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Since my June review I have returned to Market several times, but I am disappointed to say that my favorite - the duck salad - was changed and not changed for the better. All else has remained terrific for dinner, including a wait staff that knows us and takes good care of us. I have asked for the old duck salad to be brought back; we'll see....

Annandale, New Jersey
“terrible service and mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Visited the Market on a weekday afternoon for lunch. The one and only positive thing about the experience is that the interior is very attractive. Other than that: bad experience all around.,

I was meeting a friend and I arrived a bit early, so I was seated while I waited. There was table of 4 women across from me, who had clearly finished eating and were awaiting their check when I first sat down. About 5 minutes later, no one had come to offer to take a drink order for me (it was a 90 degree summer day, would have loved an ice water and a coke) and no one had brought them their check. As the manager/host walked by one of the women at the table very politely asked for their check. He snapped at her rudely. The woman was totally taken aback as was I. It was over 5 minutes later that the waitress arrived back, seeming very annoyed and gave them their check. She sauntered over to me, and took my drink order without any kind of greeting or hello - again it felt like it was a bother. I noticed that she took quite some time to actually bring the other table their check. She was in no hurry to help anyone.

Once my friend arrived, it took over 5 minutes for the waitress to ask for her drink order. The drink never arrived and we had to ask for it again when she came for our meal order.
We each ordered a wrap. My friend asked for some vegetables rather than fries as a side and was 'no,' Not "that will be extra" or 'let me see what I can do" -- just "no." I ordered a different wrap and asked for tossed salad with it.
WHen the meals came, my friend's was on a huge dinner plate with nothing but the wrap sitting in the middle of it. Mine was the same size plate with a wrap and a huge pile of lettuce. nothing but lettuce.
The food was bland, my 'chicken ceasar wrap' was simply a couple small pieces of UNSEASONED chicen breast and some romaine lettuce. No ceasar dressing. nothing.

the waitress never refilled our water glasses.

we also waited an amazingly long time for our check, after we asked for it.

in short: bland food + indifferent service = I won't return.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Morristown,NJ
“Only been for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I still haven't been for dinner, but I have been for lunch several times in the last few months, so I thought I would comment. I think they are doing a solid job. The menu is varied and interesting, something for everyone - I love the Cuban sandwich and the club wrap. I also like their soups. I had the gazpacho early in the summer and it was bland, I tried it again this week and it was quite good. I'm not a big salad fan, but they always look good. The portions are generous, so I never have room for dessert. Sitting on the porch on a nice day is a real treat.

Morristown, New Jersey
“Greesy Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went there with our 3 year old for brunch. A lot of our food was heavy and greasy. The kids menu fish and chips was really, really greasy. The tarter sauce had too much mustard, even for me, much less a child. I was hoping for some lighter fare like ceviche, but I guess I should've just had a salad!

1 Thank elle07960
Flanders, New Jersey
“The best Salmon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

What a wonderful meal - the best Salmon I've ever had. Market has great food, attentive service and quite a relaxing and fun atmosphere. Will be a frequent visitor, especially when the weather is perfect for on the porch seating.

• Visited June 2012