“Outstanding Experience”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Outstanding Experience”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

After working for Hyatt for 4 years... had the opportunity of experiencing Hyatt's Hospitality. All the staff right from the General Manager to the Front Desk, to the Kitchen staff and Maintenance team... were extremely polite and made sure that I had a comfortable stay... Even the property is little old and has been renovated... rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Living room was large enough for me and my colleague who stayed with me for almost 10 days. Being a vegetarian, I look forward to cook myself most of the times... and the kitchen was very well furnished with all necessary utensils and equipments for that. The evening socials could be better to include some more veggie options and the morning breakfast was served with omlette and French toast. Overall, it has been an outstanding experience, and would like to go back with my family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Krishnanantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed as soon as we checked in. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Parking lot is large and well lit. The suite was very spacious. A separate bedroom with king bed, a dressing room, and bathroom. The living room was large with a comfortable kitchen. Everything was great, location, full breakfast bar. Clean and comfortable. Home from home. A winner.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ladylitauk
Plainfield
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had the privilege of staying for a few weeks at the Morristown NJ Hyatt House and really got to know and enjoy the staff.

Karen is an awesome manager. She really stepped up to the plate for me. I was having an allergy issue and she was so accommodating. She personally stopped what she was doing and took me to the lounge to talk. Before I knew it the situation was resolved and we were in a fresh room and I started feeling allot better. I really appreciated her kind and personal approach.

I also appreciated the rest of the staff: Betthany, Guilliane and Rachael as well as the others worked hard to keep the rooms fresh and were always there for any extras. Everyone on the housekeeping staff always took a moment to greet us and give us a beautiful smile. Very pleasant.

The kitchen staff was wonderful. Especially Winnie she was always so pleasant each morning. Always with a smile on her face trying to be helpful. She took very good care of us. We appreciated the variety for breakfast and the Pizza nights were wonderful!

As for the front desk Vey, Kristen as well as the others always there and pleasant for our needs.
I appreciated their efficiency and professionalism.

The maintenance staff were also there anytime we had something that needed attention. Richard was always there ready to access the situation and remedy things in an efficient and pleasant way.

All in all we enjoyed the comfortable yet professional atmosphere.

When we are back in the area we look forward to returning.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the main elevator are easy access to dining, laundry, business center and front desk...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 821Cat89
Long Island
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Hyatt House in Morristown exceeded our expectations. We were surprised to find that our hotel room was a suite complete with a fully equipped kitchen and living room area. The bed was especially comfortable as were the sofas in the living room. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful with a nice variety of choices. We were there to attend a wedding and appreciated the shuttle service to the event as well.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the evening of September 6 2013 at The Hyatt House in Florham Park NJ. Basic Suite Hotel with minimal services that sets it apart from 4 and 5 star properties. Rooms are clean and consist of a bedroom and living area with Kitchen appliances and adequate 32 inch LG LCD televisions. Bathroom toiletries are basic and standard in this hospitality segment. Buffet Breakfast is included (Basics no smoked salmon etc); but my family and I could not eat as there was a very long line and no tables--we left and had breakfast elsewhere). My family and I stay at 5 star hotels for vacation and again this property did not have the amenities, staffing or furnishings of an upscale hotel or resort property. It is sufficient for an over night stay or the infrequent hotel guest

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank njnetsfan
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

No begging for an upgrade or to use club lounge or get robbed by room service or 35.00 for an omelette
Here
Everyone gets a suite, free breakfast, free everyone evening hors d' oeuvres and FREE wine

Also

Manager Karen Bennett is a GEM as are all staff

The Best
Around corner from Jets Training camp
Football stars always on property

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank njtrvl
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I checked in after a long day of work and having been "walked" from my original hotel to this one. Check-in was very friendly and effiecent and I was issued a first floor room. Normally I don't accept a first floor room as they tend to be noisey due to increased hall traffic, but I was too tired to argue the point and at check-in I learned that this hotel was full that night, so there may not have been any other options. I passed the workout facility and noticed that my room was right next door. "Great," I thought, more noise.

I opened the door to my room and there was a large sitting area with a TV and sectional sofa. Back towards me was a kitichen with bar seating at the countertop. Off to the right the door of the bedroom door cut off the corner and there was a handicapped accessable bathroom with roll in shower beyond that. OK, handicapped rooms aren't my favorite, but it's only for 1 night I can make do.

When I walked out of the bedroom and back into the main area I noticed there was a door on the other side of the room containing ANOTHER bedroom with a separate standard bathroom!

The place was huge. I didn't know what to use first. It was like a kid in a candy store.

The sectional sofa was very comfortable and it allowed me to put my feet up and watch some msnbc while checking my email and doing some personal web-surfing.

I normally don't sleep that well the first night in a strange bed, but this night seemed a bit worse than normal. My preference is for a softer bed and firm pillows and what I got was a hard bed and soft pillows. Ultimately, I returned to the comfy and large sectional sofa.

The room and hotel are very clean and inspite of my room's location near the front desk and fitness area I didn't hear any outside noise as I had feared. The staff is very helpful during my short visit.

The hotel is set up to accomodate longer term guests than my overnight stay and I didn't really have a chance to use many of those features.

I cannot speak to the value of rate for this large 2 bedroom suite as the hotel I should have been staying at was responsible for the tab.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!