“A keeper”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Berlin, Germany
“A keeper”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been to Morristown area frequently on business trips. This was my first time in Hyatt House and it left nothing to wish for: Spacious room equipped with kitchenette, most friendly staff, free shuttles, gym, even washing machines on site ..... I'll be back. You do need the shuttle or a car, because there are no restaurants or bars in walking distance. (We Europeans are not used to that).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ReisendeJutta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We, and our dog, stayed for 10 nights prior to our leaving the USA for pastures new! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our suite had a kitchen with full size cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher microwave and was well stocked with crockery pans etc., a comfortable lounge area and really comfortable bed. Wi fi, breakfast and snacks and a glass of wine in the evening were free, as was the shuttle bus which was available to take you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel! There is a small shop and a very useful laundry.
If you stay here with your dog, be a responsible owner and when you take it out for bathroom breaks use the doggy bags provided

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Overleigh
Boonton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks at the Hyatt House Morristown in October 2012. We arrived straight off our plane from a long-haul flight from South Africa and were greeted upon arrival by friendly, helpful and efficient reception staff.

The room was a very comfortable size - with a lounge area, kitchen (small breakfast nook, dishwasher), kin-size bed, dressing area and bathroom. The room was cleaned daily and it's possible to select levels of service from full-housekeeping to just a touch up/towel change.

The additional services they offered were so exceptionally helpful to people in our situation (first-timers to the States awaiting our permanent accommodation) with FREE wifi, FREE snacks/dinner every week night, FREE shuttle service within a 5-miles radius, FREE breakfast. Hugely helpful! My husband was at work each day and I did not have access to a vehicle, the staff were so helpful and accommodating with the shuttle service.

The bathroom as impeccably clean and we found the water pressure and temperature to be perfect for our sensibilities. Hate a poor water pressure shower for an extended period of time...

There is a full laundromat facility available - thankfully! And the small shop on-site sells all necessary detergents and reception have rolls of quarters on hand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gorbs87
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here several times for business in December of 2012. The location is convenient to many area businesses and highways. Food and amenities are just a short drive away. Loved the layout of the room and the kitchenette. Room was very clean and very quiet. Only one complaint (and they must have thought I was crazy!) is that I had to get up VERY EARLY during each stay. I wanted to shower around 4:30 AM and the water was scalding.....not just "a little hot" but scalding. I called downstairs and the front desk, to their credit, tried to remedy the problem by offering me a vacant room across the hall in which to shower and get ready for work....but had the same problem. Ended up washing my hair in the sink using cold water. I'm guessing that the water tank/heater must have been set to "very high" so that when guests started their day, there would be enough hot water to go around....
The breakfast area was large and pleasant; many choices and even some hot trays with sternos including bacon/eggs/french toast/sausage, as well as fresh fruit/cereal/several juices in carafes. Overall had a very pleasant experience and would stay here again, provided the water wasn't scalding!! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Slinky1
Hartville, Ohio
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed 1 night here on our way to NYC for a cruise.
Loved having the in-room kitchen. We ordered a pizza and used the plates and utensils which made it much more home-like.
Room was quite spacious, large closets and bathroom.
We really enjoyed the breakfast offerings. Everyone in our family found something they enjoyed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Live close by to the Hyatt House and never thought I would need to stay here. Lost electricity due to recent hurricane. First few days, I could only find a room in Philadelphia. We stayed at the Hyatt Penns Landing. My review on that hotel has been posted. (Terrible hotel).

Upon arriving home from Philadelphia and learning that we would not get electricity restored for another week, tried to book into the Hyatt House in Morristown. Totally booked but finally was able to secure a room for 2 nights. I was not expecting much- just a warm room with power and Internet. WOW!! Was I surprised.

The front desk staff were extremely professional and friendly. The hotel is all suites. My room was huge. A full kitchen, living room with sectional couch that can be opened to use as a bed and a king size bedroom with French doors that can be closed if someone is using the living area.

FREE Internet, FREE breakfast and FREE evening buffet with wine and beer. All this for an unbelievable nightly rate!

Definitely a place for extended stay or business purpose as there is a business center with printers and computers.

This play is a DEFINITE stay!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank susanj007
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I agree that the rooms are generous and the kitchen is cool! I had the two bedroom suite, two king beds, three tv's, nice sleep sofa. Was taken aback by an onslaught of ladybugs in the suite! Must be some type of migratory thing, but they were all over the living room wall, inside the window, and a few in the master bedroom - not cool. Who likes to kill a ladybug? Certainly not me. I called the front desk and a guy came up really quick and vacuumed them up. Not sure if any got into my luggage, but will know as soon as I get home...long blonde hairs were found in the vanity drawers and in my clean towels - not cool. The carpet outside my door was stained with large white patches. Draw your own conclusions...

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank sglover77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!