“If only the food was equal to the ambiance and drinks .....”
Review of Urban Table

Urban Table
Ranked #35 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Urban Table, is located in the new complex of 40 Park Place on the Morristown Green. NJ Urban Table serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. The menu focuses on fun, casual fare. The atmosphere is bright and full of Urban whimsy. It offers full service bar featuring great wines, Trap Rock draft beers and delicious shakes and smoothies. We're sure Urban Table will become your new favorite spot to get together for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Don't forget to visit our new Urban Table location in Basking Ridge!
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“If only the food was equal to the ambiance and drinks .....”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've eaten here on a few occasions and the theme seems to be: great atmosphere, great drinks but eh food. Just went there Saturday and had their grilled chicken cobb salad.

OMG it was awful and even more so for the price of 15.99. I expected it to be served in a bowl with chicken sliced and beautifully displayed. At least you'd expected nice than Friendly's right? But it wasn't so. There were a few pieces of grilled( looked more like fried) chicken breasts laid out together with the lettuce, soggy avocado, run of the mill croutons, crumbled blue cheese and bacon pieces.

I felt so bad dragging my husband out to dinner after a long work week and then spending that kind of money on a salad to complain to him. It was date night after-all and I didn’t want to ruin the mood. It make s me crazy that they can get away with that too!

• Visited July 2013

Morristown, New Jersey
“Kids running the restaurant”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Still run by kids...party of 4 asked for the corner table, which was set for 5 people. NO, that table is for 5! So we settle at a less comfortable table for 4 people. We stay 1+ hours...and the table set for 5 remained empty. Way to go kids. Harvest Group really needs to train the staff. There were plenty of tables available for parties of 5...I've seen them accommodate more than 5 by combining tables. So UT, get with the program!!! Oh, by the way, the food was good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MattG60906
Montville, New Jersey
“2nd consecutive bad experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place used to have realy good, interesting food. We recently had a bad experience with a Sunday breakfast (poor service and bland food). We went back last night for dinner & was again disappointed.

Waitress service was pretty slow to take our order.

The sushi sampler was really good - fresh & tasty.

Our entrees took A LONG TIME to come out. When I asked our waitress, she just said "it's coming" - - no kidding - how about an apology for the delay. Anyway, the Flyin Fish Burrito taco was cooked well, but no flavor to it or the rice with it. BLAH.

I had a ceasar salad with grilled shrimp - the salad was tasty but small, amd the shrimp were tough - they must have been cooked twice.

Service was very poor overall. After getting the check, I couldn't get our waitress' attention - she was too bust chatting with friends at the bar, so I gave my credit card to someone else.

no thanks

• Visited June 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Perfect graduation luncheon!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We came upon Urban Table by chance and were so glad we did. My daughter had just graduated from Drew University and we had a hard time finding some place for lunch. There were 7 of us but the waitstaff didn't make us feel like this was a problem - they just quickly cleared a space and we were all seated together without a reservation. Unique and tasty items on the menu, with many needs of the diners (low-carber, vegetarian, gluten-free) met and exceeded by finding satisfying choices for lunch. The waitstaff made a fuss over our graduate and brought her a complimentary little dessert that was just right and very appreciated. My family is still talking about our wonderful experience at Urban Table. Chic and sophisticated decor and very friendly staff.

• Visited May 2013
Morristown, New Jersey
“Three strikes and you're out”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went for brunch three times but won't be returning. Steak and eggs: steak lacked flavor (I shouldn't have to salt a steak, but there is no way it was salted while being cooked). I remember my husband ordering waffles (or crepes?) with a berry compote...that was delicious. It's nice to have a brunch option on Saturdays (as well as Sundays) -- and enjoy a few mimosas since they have a bar -- so I think most people would be able to overlook the imperfections in some of the food items and enjoy the experience.