“Good food”

Blue Morel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Morel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lindsley Drive
Description: Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar provides our guests the most fresh, locally-sourced, and delicious foods that Morristown residents could ever hope for. We pride ourselves on preparing each dish with the care attention that fresh ingredients deserve. Our menu is full of amazing New American favorites that cannot be topped in the area. Our seasonal dishes are sure to make your mouth water. If you are a fish person, we have fresh Chilean Sea Bass, Crispy Crab Cakes, and a raw bar that features succulent shrimp and oysters on the half shell. Our grill is also serving farm-raised beef and pork chops. If you thought it could not get any better, we have hand rolled sushi on our menu as well! What good is a great meal without a beautiful bottle of wine? We have got you covered there, too! Our extensive wine list is what has made Blue Morel one of the hottest spots in Morristown, NJ and we want to show you all a great time when you visit us. The next time you are craving deliciously fresh and a professionally prepared feast, look no further than Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The food was very good, the lamb meatball appetizer was delish, the scallops, the lamb loin and the salmon were enjoyed by everyone. The desserts were Great and their ice cream is some of the best I have ever had.
It is pricy and service was just ok but the food was very good

Columbus, Ohio
“Sunday Night Special”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What an enjoyable dinner at a great price! $29 three course meal plus 1/2 price certain wines on Sunday nights! The lamb meatball over the polenta was delicious! Wonderful flavors melded together with probably a 1/4 lb meatball! I skipped the heavy pretzel rolls and just opted for the flatbread, which was delicious. I chose the grilled salmon for my dinner, and it was one of the best pieces of salmon I've ever had. Simply grilled with just the right spices. I saved room for the chocolate brioche, which was just the right size of deliciousness! Service was spot on, relaxed but right there when needed. The 2011 Pinotage at $18 (half price, regular $36) was a great deal! This might become my Sunday night regular restaurant when I'm in Morristown, NJ!

new jersey, usa
“disapointing and overrated”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

last night dinner was something we were looking for after reading reviews and praise but it all fell flat and disappointing.
The place is classy, subtle harmonies of grey, candlelight on the white tableclothed tables, modern paintings on the wall, hushed voices and all, but what should be the main actor on this show was missing in action!
The bread basket is unimaginative and dull, the service was hit or miss, I had ordered oysters for my appetizers, they came on the expected plate of ice with lemon wedeges , mignonette sauce, and coktail sauce with horse radish but no seafood fork. I asked for one and it took a long, long time to get it!
My companion ordered the mushroom soup and it was awful, bland, no taste, no seasoning, not even a hint of stock in the base, it tasted like bad bath water…..after we told our waitress she took it off the check, but thats not really the point in a place like this!!! It should taste good and it did NOT!
Main course was just barely average and we decided to skip dessert all together.
Service was adequate, but I think the kitchen is really not run professionally. There was a huge event upstairs, a private party in the wine library, are they overwhelmed trying to go in too many directions??? I don't know, but one thing for sure is that we will not be back. We would rather drive 2 hours to Hide Park, NY and go the Culinary Institute of America, a place where the food tastes and looks like it is supposed to for a much better quality/price ratio!!!!

Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food and good flavours”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went here for dinner with 2 work colleagues recently. The service was good and we were attended to both quickly and courteously.

The menu has some interesting selections and I chose the lamb meatballs and then the crabcakes. Portions were large and the food tasty.

Price was reasonable.

I would return since very good.

Morristown, New Jersey
“Expensive and Unfriendly Servers”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had heard great things about this restaurant so I decided to take my husband for his birthday. The restaurant is inside a beautiful hotel. The restaurant is nice and great ambiance. However, the service was lousy, very pricey for the amount of food they give. My husband's meal was very tasty (steak) but I ordered the chicken breast and I didn't like it at all. It had a weird taste so needless to say I had very little of my meal. The waitress was so unfriendly and didn't even say thank you. I was very disappointed with the food and even moreso when I received the bill. We will not go back!