“Stylish but Relaxed atmosphere, perfect for dinner conversation”

Blue Morel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Morel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lindsley Drive
Description: Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar provides our guests the most fresh, locally-sourced, and delicious foods that Morristown residents could ever hope for. We pride ourselves on preparing each dish with the care attention that fresh ingredients deserve. Our menu is full of amazing New American favorites that cannot be topped in the area. Our seasonal dishes are sure to make your mouth water. If you are a fish person, we have fresh Chilean Sea Bass, Crispy Crab Cakes, and a raw bar that features succulent shrimp and oysters on the half shell. Our grill is also serving farm-raised beef and pork chops. If you thought it could not get any better, we have hand rolled sushi on our menu as well! What good is a great meal without a beautiful bottle of wine? We have got you covered there, too! Our extensive wine list is what has made Blue Morel one of the hottest spots in Morristown, NJ and we want to show you all a great time when you visit us. The next time you are craving deliciously fresh and a professionally prepared feast, look no further than Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar!
Northern New Jersey
“Stylish but Relaxed atmosphere, perfect for dinner conversation”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I got together with two other couples for a last minute, weekend before Valentines Day dinner. We all found the new decor to be very pleasing to the eye and seating to be comfortable. The piped in music was modern and trendy, but never offensive or loud. Our servers were both friendly and fast. Apps, Drinks and Entrees were all served in a most timely fashion. Presentation was first rate and portion size perfect. The duck was quite exquisite and I would highly recommend it. My wife had the Scallops which were very good, but not the best I have had. All in all my friends were quite complementary about my choice of establishments and all had a very nice evening.

• Visited February 2012

Clifton, New Jersey
“Best Scallops Ever!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This was Copeland's restaurant but apparently revamped and renamed to Blue Morel. Same people running the restaurant.
Food and service were excellent. The overall ambience of the room remains warm and cozy - not at all stuffy. Modern but in a comfortable way.

We started off with sushi which was excellent. This was followed by dinner. My scallops were billed at "Barnegat" scallops which made me hesitate...I was afraid I'd be getting bay scallops. The scallops were sea scallops - they were done to perfection. Succulent, sweet, with a little browning on the top. I must say, I haven't had a dish like this in years!

This restaurant is expensive but well worth it for the quailty of the food. I can't wait to return for our next big event!

Visited February 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
“clubby atmosphere”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

attentive friendly staff. great selection of dining options from appetizers to full meals

Visited January 2012
Morristown,NJ
“First impression”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had my first meal at Blue Morel since it morphed from Copeland and my first impression is very positive. I generally don't comment after just one visit, but I decided I would. There are not many opportunities to "dine" in our area, so it is a nice treat to go somewhere where they are at least trying. The staff seemed much better trained than before. I had the mushroom soup with parmesan foam and truffle dust to start. The soup was delicious, the foam fun, but not much parmesan flavor and the truffle dust sort of made the soup look like cappucino on steroids. The assemblage was a bit pretentious, but the taste was very good. I followed with three large seared scallops served over a cauliflower puree with bits of broccoli,slivered almonds and something else with an allspice glaze. I found the allspice off -putting at first, but it grew on me nd I really enjoyed it. Dessert was two Hudson Valley cheeses which were nothing special, but served very nicely with bread rounds, walnuts and bit of fig cake. Two glasses of Gruener Veltliner and an Austrian dessert wine. Very satisfying. I'll give another try.

• Visited January 2012
New Jersey
“Sweet corn ice cream, who knew?!?!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I'm already looking forward to my next visit. I had always wanted to go to The Copeland, but never got around to it. I absolutely loved my dinner at Blue Morel, though. The menu is mouth-watering, and it was so hard deciding. The grilled octopus appetizer had a great grilled flavor, and it was so tender! I only gave the food 4 stars because my duck entree was over cooked. Granted, I did not specify to the waiter I like my duck more rare to medium. However, the dish itself was exquisite! The skin was crispy, and the beans, escarole and tasso ham blended so well. I love the presentation of some dishes in glass jars. And who would have thought sweet corn ice cream would be so good!!! Their side dishes sound good, but with an appetizer, entree and dessert, it's not necessary. Would probably good to share with in a large group, though.
I don't quite see how the sushi menu fits in, but I'm not letting that bother me.
My next visit I want to try the chatham cod croquettes.

• Visited November 2011