“Marjan Beats the Margin”

Marjan Fine Persian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Fine Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Detroit, MI United States
“Marjan Beats the Margin”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stopped for dinner here on the way back to Detroit from Montauk, Long Island. Located in what seems to be a Latino neighborhood, Marjan was an accidental surprise as I was looking for an old bar and grill called Cutters that I used to eat at 35 years ago when I was a kid traveling with my parents to visit family here. Am I glad I stumbled in!

Ordered the chicken kabob and basmati rice which arrived piping hot and steaming. Half of a perfectly grilled tomato was the garnish, and the tender chicken was a true delight. You can't go wrong.

My garden salad had the perfect mix of truly tender tomato slices, shaved carrot, black olives, dried cherries (or were they cranberries or pomegranate?) and cucumber along with lettuce and a perfect vinaigrette dressing.

Service was low key, attentive and perfect. Wish I had time to come back to try their Persian stews and other unusual menu items. Better restaurant experience than I usually get, and well worth the visit.

• Visited July 2014

Morristown, New Jersey
“A nice change”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We dined here for lunch and enjoyed experiencing a different type of cuisine. We were greeted immediately by the attentive host. It wasn't crowded, so we were seated right away. The lunch menu prices were reasonable, but we decided to go for the larger portion and ordered from the main menu. Prices were more than doubled, but we didn't mind since we had a coupon. I ordered the filet mignon kebob with rice (Kebob-e-Barg). The meat was tender and seasoned perfectly. It was sliced thin and pounded down. The rice was cooked just right and was flavorful. It's a light meal for lunch, but since we ordered from the main menu,that wouldn't satisfy me, so an appetizer is highly recommended when dining here for dinner. My husband ordered the Kabob-e-Kubideh. It wasn't what he expected, but I thought it was delicious. The only negative comment is that a 20% gratuity was automatically added to the bill, which was a bit forward for me. I usually give between 15% - 18% depending on the service, and 20% or more at 5-star upscale restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
Hesperus, Colorado
“A beautiful choice for dinner”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here with friends, whose favorite restaurant it is. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere was quiet and we could enjoy our conversation. The ice cream was spectacular!

Visited June 2014
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This place is wonderful - small, GREAT food & service. The hostess and wait staff are really friendly have helpful recommendations. Try the House Combination, it's a great sampler. We will be back for sure!

Morristown, New Jersey
“A Terrific First Outing”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My spouse and I dined here two weeks ago when we were staying in a nearby hotel while relocating to Morristown. The welcome from the host was warm and genuine, the service was prompt and attentive, and the food was truly marvelous. We shared the daily kuku appetizer, which was a baked eggplant dish rather like a spreadable souffle, with only a touch of garlic. For our entrees, we shared a Khabob-e Sultani (one skewer fliet, one skewer ground beef and lamb) and an okra-tomato dish. The meat was expertly prepared, deliciously seasoned and cooked just as we had specified. The okra was lovely: fat, tender pods in a tangy, chunky tomato sauce with onions, peppers and other spices. For dessert, we ordered baklavah, which was unlike any I'd ever eaten: made with rolled phyllo, and delicately spiced (I think with curry and/or coriadner), sweet but not tooth-rattlingly-so. It was a terrific meal in a quiet, well-kept restaurant. We will most definitely come back and further explore the extensive menu.

• Visited May 2014