“Back again, will return soon...”

Marjan Fine Persian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Fine Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had dinner at Marjan Saturday night. This was our fourth time to this establishment and will return again in the future. My GF and I shared the Kashk-e-Bademjan, I had the Kabob-e-Bakhtiyary and the filet mignon and chicken were cooked to perfection. My GF had the Maheeche polo she thought it was a little bland, I thought it tasted good. Finished the night with some Turkish coffee, too full for anything else. Previous time we shared some Baklava which was good. This is a BYOB, liqour store two doors down. We would return and plan on doing so soon.

1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a place to eat in Morristown with out of town guests. Decided on number one on Trip Advisor. A reputation well earned. The food is very special. Appetizers of dolmas, hummus, eggplant and salad. Two rice dishes, anas and shiron with some yogurt were exceptional. The spouses both had the lamb kebab, which they thoroughly enjoyed. The service was very prompt, friendly and kind. She even brought us a little burned rice from the bottom of the pot, which made everyone happy. The chef made a friendly cameo appearance and we even enjoyed a little impromptu belly dancing. You won't regret your visit here.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Nothing on the menu is less than amazing, and nothing on the menu is like anything you've ever tasted! The food here just do not map to any flavors we're used to, and let me tell you, it's wonderful!

I always start with the Dolmeh (stuffed grapeleaves) and while I think the grapeleaves are straight'out the can, I could bathe in the sauce. It's to the point where they know to bring me extra, it's that amazing. If you see me licking the plate, don't be surprised.

We've gone often enough to have tried everything, and my favorite is the Shirin Polo, orange rice with steamed chicken. Words fail me. And the wife always gets Koresht-e-Fesenjoon, chicken stewed in pomegranate sauce, which I spoon on my rice to take it from stellar to orgasmic.

We typically finish with the Baklava which is never presented the same way twice...and amazingly there's always one for everyone, no matter how may people are at the table. Funny how that happen, huh?

Your hostess, Marjan, is delightful and her husband, the chef, usually takes a stroll to see if we're all insensate from the food. Trust me, we are!

1  Thank Pattie L
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat for Fathers day and settled on Marjan restaurant. Although we reside in Cherry Hill, NJ, we took the long ride north. I don't know where to begin. The restaurant had a very nice atmosphere and we enjoyed every minute of it, we felt welcome and immensley appreciated. The appetizers were as good the entree itself. We had the dolmehs, mast-khaier, salad-e-oliveh and kashk-e-bademjoon. We cleaned our appetizer plates. We ordered the combination kabob platter and were definitely not disappointed. Although we ate more than we could take in, we still ordered dessert, something our big family never does. We had teas with baklava, falouda and persian ice cream. Usually after big meals, you talk about never eating it until after awhile, but after we sat in the car, we could not help but pick our next date to come her again. And i'd like to conclude by saying the food and experience was so amazing that i'm here in the car writing a review to show my appreciation, something i never do after eating out :)

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We passed Marjan's several times on our walks into town. Finally, we decided to pick up a menu and as an avid Tripadvisor reader, I checked out the reviews. Given the positive feedback, my husband and I decided to try out Persian food for the first time- and we weren't disappointed. We started with the combination appetizers of egglpant, mint dip(?), and stuffed grape leaves- we loved them all! Taking a risk as I'm not a person who orders chicken at a restaurant, I ordered the promegranate chicken and as others stated, it was excellent. It was sweet, but not overbearing nor dry. My husband went with the eggplant and meat stew, and he readily enjoyed it. The waitress was knowledgable and not fussy-which we liked. If you need someone hanging over you every five minutes, this isn't the place for you. Generous portions, friendly and knowledgable staff, good location, and very reasonable prices make this a restaurant that we'll visit again.

1  Thank oojaded26