“A Morristown favorite”

Marjan Fine Persian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Fine Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 161 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Reviewed January 29, 2012

If you are looking for a unique restaurant in Morristown with mouthwatering cuisine, try Marjan. My husband and I go to Marjan somewhat regularly and always have a great experience! The dolmeh, hummus, and eggplant appetizers are delicious. I tend to order the same thing over and over again because it is so wonderful (korescht e bademjan or eggplant stew with beef). The kebab is tasty as well as the lamb entrees, vegetarian eggplant and the pomegranate chicken. The service is attentive and since we normally go on weeknights often Marjan herself is serving. She is always gracious and helpful to recommend new things and answer any questions we have.

I'm planning to go Tuesday night with a friend and can't wait!

1  Thank almummert

Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I visited Marjan twice this summer, and we were impressed by the whole experience. First off, it's BYO, and there is a liquor store two doors down...super convenient. The service was wonderful - on our two visits we had two different servers who were cheerful, knowledgeable, and willing to answer any questions we had.

We had three appetizers - the wrapped grape leaves (the sauce on this was amazing and we started dipping the bread in it after we finished the dolma); the hummus (creamy, delicious, served with bread fresh from the oven) and the potato salad (good, a little too much mayonaisse for my taste).

For dinner, my husband tried two different kinds of kebabs (lamb and beef) - mouthwatering, well-seasoned. The rice was like nothing we've ever had - fluffy and soft.
I had the stew with chicken in pomegranate/walnut sauce...wow. The chicken was so tender I could literally cut it with my spoon, and I have never had anything like it. I spooned it over my rice and ended up sharing the large portion with my husband, who also loved it. Even when we came back, we ordered the same exact items...which we felt guilty doing because a lot of things sounded good.

For dessert, we shared Persian ice cream. Hints of rosewater, pistachio, and saffron. I could have never dreamed up that combination, but once I had it, I loved it. Really a great meal at Marjan. Definitely a worthwhile experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

A coworker of my husband had recomended Marjan for a celebration dinner knowing I like flavorfull, interesting food in relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant is light filled and comfortable as well as BYOB. Menu has great appetizers, the Wrapped Grape leaves have an incredible sauce and the Eggplant Puree was super flavorfull and went wonderful on the endless whole wheat bread and the delicately flavored Yogurt dip went with everything. We each chose a lamb dish for our main course and were not disappointed. Dinners come with plain Basmati rice but I had one with Barberries for a little extra. The grilled tomato was lucious. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful about what ingredients were used in each dish. She brought us a mixed plate of mint leaves, pickles and other vegetables that complimented the food wonderfully as she saw we were really enjoying the flavors . The bottle of Chardonnay we brought along was handled well and while we were there two tables had bowls of tasty of saffron/pistachio/rosewater ice cream with candles to celebrate birthdays. We are headed back tonight, one month later for another dinner without our teenages.

1  Thank mathmomnj
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This was my first time eating Persian food. When you walk in, you are warmly greeted and led to your seat. The overall atmosphere is very peaceful - the place was not full as it was a little bit later than dinner hour. Our waitress was extremely friendly and she was a pleasure to talk to. There was something on the menu that my family and I did not recognize and we had wanted to know more about it. Our waitress went one step further and offered us a sample while saying that it was an acquired taste and we should probably try it before buying a whole pitcher. We all got a sample of doogh, a yogurt-based drink. Unfortunately, none of us liked it. However, we went on to the main dish. I do not remember what I got exactly, however, I highly recommend a dish with the pomegranate sauce. Although the doogh had left a bad aftertaste in my mouth, my dish completely got rid of it. The food was really great and so was everyone else's after I got to try theirs.

All in all, my experience at Marjan was positive. Although I did not like some of the food, I believe this was because Persian food is not my thing. My main dish was excellent and so was the waitress. This restaurant is a must visit in Morristown!

1  Thank avidrestauranter
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Marjan is a recent restaurant in downtwon Morristown located in front of the Hyatt. An interesting alternative to the numerous and often unconsistant "Asian" places.

The owner and his wife , Marjan, both from Iran, warmly welcome their guests and bring you to your table in one of the 2 small rooms. Interesting aromatic appetizers, Persian kebabs - the lamb ones are our favorites - and excellent traditional stews are available on the short but complete menu.

1  Thank HenriNewYork