“Delicious New Year's Eve Meal”
Review of David Todd's City Tavern - CLOSED

David Todd's City Tavern
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elm Street
Description: Upscale casual dining with two different feels. The main dining room - more quiet, more refined. The lounge - Upbeat vibe, where the action is. Whatever your mood, we have what your looking for.
Morristown, New Jersey
“Delicious New Year's Eve Meal”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Four of us ate at David Todd's, two of us eating the Coq au vin, one the Duck breast, and one the fish dish of the evening. My husband has had the duck breast twice in a row and found it excellent both times. Our friend loved the Coq au vin, although I found it a bit salty for my palate. Fish was good. Excellent salmon roll appetizer was my choice, and there were two arugula salads, and my husband had the crab cake which he wasn't enthusiastic about. A very busy evening, but service was attentive and very satisfactory. All in all, a restaurant I am happy where I will gladly return.

Visited December 2013

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a great meal at this place on Saturday night. We were a party of 6 with reservations and were seated promptly on arrival. We had mussels, oysters, and a hummus dish as appetizers. Remark on the oysters were the best ever, mussels did not come with enough bread, but extra was brought. Hummus dish was served with pickled veggies and fruit, different and tasty.

Dinnerss were pork, Louisianna style Red fish, tuna, cod, all were very good Beer selections were good also.

May have been a little costly, but service and food were very good. Restaurant was very crowded also.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Strike three - you're out!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my third (and final) time at this Tavern. Each time I've gone it was in hopes that they've improved but sadly this is not the case.

I made reservations for 6pm; there were 12 of us and we had tickets to an 8PM performance at the Mayo, and we were celebrating one friend’s upcoming 50th birthday-so I brought dessert.

I had shared all this information with the restaurant, several times, thus assuming we would be able to fit it all in 1hour and 50 minutes or so. They acknowledged all and stated that we will be fine for the show and put us in their private room in the back. Nice I thought, silly me.

Cut to the chase 7:35 rolls around and we are still waiting for our entrees and everyone is worried and no longer able to ignore the fact. At 7:42 our entrees are brought and we must gobble up our food and gulp down our last drink. Birthday celebration cake was not to be had either.

Here are the details-waitress was nice but very slow. Let me repeat very slow and was more worried about filling our water glasses than anything else. As in my other reviews food and drinks were over-priced.

David Todd Tavern you are out of my restaurant selection for good now.

1 Thank monkeyboobs
Morristown, New Jersey
“Not a good value at all”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Way over priced. Paid $24 for a burger with fries. Everything else on the menu is overpriced considering what you get. Service was slow. The place has only 2 men rest rooms. So someone is always in there and folks have to wait in line to go to the bathroom Beer prices are reasonable.

Overal athmosphere a bit pompous. . The worse experience was at the end when we paid by credit card, the waitress added her own tip of 24% to the bill! She surely did not provide more than 15% worth of tip service. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Morristown, New Jersey
“My #1 restaurant in Morristown”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I dine at David Todd's monthly. I usually grab a table in the bar area - like the vibe better there than in the dining room, which has a more formal feel in comparison.

I've never experienced a bad meal or bad service. The food is wonderfully prepared and the wait staff knowledgable about the menu and any additions to the menu. The support staff never leaves the water glasses half empty - always on top of refills.

I love doing a combo of small plates - great for sharing and sampling.

• Visited October 2013