“Good Food, Cozy Atmosphere”

Hibiscus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibiscus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 161 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Hibiscus is a unique find! Located in the heart of Morristown inside the Morristown Inn; a one of it’s kind, Hibiscus boasts a unique concept providing the first upscale but cozy Caribbean restaurant in New Jersey , the first in a hotel & the only place for Caribbean in town. Hibiscus prepares & presents for it's guests five star quality meals at unbelievably affordable prices. Never before have you had Traditional American & Authentic Island Cuisine (Jamaican) at it's best all in one place. Come & enjoy from Authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken served with traditional rice & beans & fried plantains to our famous Rasta Pasta made with lightly seasoned Jerk chicken breast, sundried tomatoes & broccoli in a light cream sauce over penne or capellini to Steak House quality steaks, perfectly prepared & served with our gourmet mashed potatoes & vegetables al dente, Complete your evening with our to die for, Jamaican Rum flavored Bread Pudding & Cup of our renowned blue mountain peak coffee
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Went to Hibiscus with my wife and another couple. The food was very good and the ambience was homely. This restaurant is in a small Best Western in Morristown, but you did not get the big hotel restaurant feel. There was a a musician singing and playing the piano, he sang different genres and he was good. I think he is there every Saturday from 7pm to about 9:30pm. The wait staff was very attentive and catered to our very need. The only set back for me was no Internet access was available. But I went there for the food not to surf the internet (just wanted to check in on Facebook, to give a shout out for the restaurant). The fare was a good mix of Caribbean and American dishes. My wife is already thinking of whom we can get to go back here. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have been wanting to check out this restaurant for a few months, and finally got around to it. First of all, I was told that the restaurant is pretty much in a basement conference room of a hotel, and that was exactly right. The restaurant looks like a old conference room that the hotel used to use, complete with the drop ceilings and the conference room chairs. But that made absolutely no difference to me. The service was fantastic. Our server, Toni, was attentive, friendly, funny, and just overall a great server. Our appetizer of Fried calimari with scotch bonnet peppers were your normal fried calimari appetizer, with a little bit of spice. But then came the main course, which was outstanding. I had the jerk chicken with vegetables, rice, fried plantains, and festival (their version of a johnny cake). My date had the seafood and pasta dish, and she enjoyed it immensely

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was our second time at Hibiscus. It's tucked away in a lovely hotel but it is not a hotel restaurant. Anything but. Dining here is a bit like taking a mini Caribbean vacation. When you walk into Hibiscus you feel as if you've entered a unique place; cool ambiance, great live jazz courtesy of Tracie George. But the star of the show is the food. Almost all of the great Carribean dishes are represented here: roti, curry, jerk spice, tamarind and more. Save room for their excellent bread pudding. This time I had oxtail in wine sauce with accompaniments including fried plantain. My wife had tamarind salmon. Both excellent. They have a full cocktail and wine menu. Our experience was heightened by our delightful server Toni. Sweet and funny, giving dish recommendations, checking ingredients and patiently answering all our questions, as well as special requests. Always respectful. Her service was impeccable. This is a restaurant that appreciates your business and heightens the dining experience by their excellence of their cuisine, atmosphere and service. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ahs281
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Best days to go are when they have live music. Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The food is delicious and Winston(bus boy) is very attentive. Will def. be going back soon. Prices are fair. Its B.Y.O.B and there is a Kings up the street.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

from the moment i walked in i was impressed with the ambiance, the candle lit tables with flowers and the live piano that was being played. the waiter was very polite and assisted me well, the was definately amazing. will definately go back.