“Tasty!!”

Hibiscus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibiscus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Hibiscus is a unique find! Located in the heart of Morristown inside the Morristown Inn; a one of it’s kind, Hibiscus boasts a unique concept providing the first upscale but cozy Caribbean restaurant in New Jersey , the first in a hotel & the only place for Caribbean in town. Hibiscus prepares & presents for it's guests five star quality meals at unbelievably affordable prices. Never before have you had Traditional American & Authentic Island Cuisine (Jamaican) at it's best all in one place. Come & enjoy from Authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken served with traditional rice & beans & fried plantains to our famous Rasta Pasta made with lightly seasoned Jerk chicken breast, sundried tomatoes & broccoli in a light cream sauce over penne or capellini to Steak House quality steaks, perfectly prepared & served with our gourmet mashed potatoes & vegetables al dente, Complete your evening with our to die for, Jamaican Rum flavored Bread Pudding & Cup of our renowned blue mountain peak coffee
NJ
“Tasty!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our party of 7 (3 teens) went to Hibiscus and had a wonderful time. The food was great and the live music was an added bonus. We selected a variety of appetizers, portobello jumbo lump, jerk skewer shrimp, codfish fritter, Jamican fried calamari, and island honey BBQ wings. All excellent. Our entrees ranged from the oxtail to both offers of salmon to jerk chicken to stewed chicken. Delicious! The plates went back to the kitchen emptied. We had creme brulee and bread pudding for dessert. Both light and rich. Unfortunately, they ran out of the coconut sherbet :(

Hibiscus is located in the basement level of The Best Western. You have to walk down a few steps to reach the restaurant. Don't be put off by that. The restaurant is a great place to go to for a relaxing and delicious dinner.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cte134

Montclair, New Jersey
“Feels like Jamaica has relocated to NJ”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were very surprised to find this gem in Morristown, NJ. We usually dine at Rod's Steakhouse when we want steak in Morristown. We wanted something different this time and stumbled on Hibiscus.

I was in Jamaica in 2012 on vacation with friends. The food at Hibiscus brought me back to the amazing dishes I ate in Montego Bay. The oxtails were amazing. The meat was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The appetizers are interesting and have unique flavors. For appetizers, I had the Jerk Shrimp Skewers on a bed of mixed greens and my husband had the Jerk Calamari, which we both loved.

The main course was exquisite. The food was plated nicely. I was intrigued by the variety of Jamaican (and American) dishes that other patrons were enjoying. The place had a nice ambiance. People were relaxed and the waitstaff was very attentive and courteous. The live jazz pianist was an added bonus. I was concerned that the music would be too loud, but it was just the right volumne. The song variety was pleasant. He even took requests from the patrons .
We'll be back again. This was a great find and I wish I found it sooner. I don't have to pay to go to Jamaica to enjoy the taste of authentic dishes. I was impressed with the chef and the flavors - well balanced, not over the top, authentic dishes.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank NancyD1234
“Nice ambience”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Tasty food. The menu had many choices of both food and wine. It was worth the search to find it. Attentive staff.

• Visited April 2013
“Great music and food !”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to this restaurant for a Sunday jazz brunch. We had a real nice time there. The food was tremendous, jerk chicken wth the so ever traditional rice and beans. Natural carrot drink to the bread pudding. If your looking for a place with great food and dinning experience with live music. Then I recommend this place. 2 thumbs up !

1 Thank Orlando Z
Morristown, New Jersey
“Wonderful meal accompanied by live piano music”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Twice this week I've dined at Hibiscus. Tuesday was Rasta Pasta accompanied by music by Rio Clemente, a pianist of great talent. Saturday was Hibiscus Salad and Oxtails accompanied by contemporary 'motown' favorites by Tracy on piano. We stayed to complete our BYO wine and enjoyed every minute of the service, food and music.

• Visited October 2013