“Delicious Caribbean Food”

Hibiscus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibiscus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Hibiscus is a unique find! Located in the heart of Morristown inside the Morristown Inn; a one of it’s kind, Hibiscus boasts a unique concept providing the first upscale but cozy Caribbean restaurant in New Jersey , the first in a hotel & the only place for Caribbean in town. Hibiscus prepares & presents for it's guests five star quality meals at unbelievably affordable prices. Never before have you had Traditional American & Authentic Island Cuisine (Jamaican) at it's best all in one place. Come & enjoy from Authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken served with traditional rice & beans & fried plantains to our famous Rasta Pasta made with lightly seasoned Jerk chicken breast, sundried tomatoes & broccoli in a light cream sauce over penne or capellini to Steak House quality steaks, perfectly prepared & served with our gourmet mashed potatoes & vegetables al dente, Complete your evening with our to die for, Jamaican Rum flavored Bread Pudding & Cup of our renowned blue mountain peak coffee
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Hibiscus several times now.
The food is absolutely delicious each and every time and the service is top notch.
I cannot say enough about how good it is, plus there's always live music!
We recently took a group of friends (11 in total) and everyone's meal was delicious.
Some of our personal favorites are; their house salad, Rasta Pasta, Salmon, Jerk Chicken and you have to try their homemade bread pudding! I recently learned they do a Sunday Jazz Brunch which will be next on our list to try.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I were dining with friends for Morristown Restaurant Week and Hibiscus was my selection. We entered to a steel drum and keyboard playing Caribbean music. They offered a prix fixe menu for $30 each. First was a Caesar Salad or a Hibiscus Salad. I was trained by an expert to select the dish with the name of the establishment on it and that proved a good choice. The appetizers were either coconut shrimp, which I got a sample of, or jerk shrimp on a skewer with more salad. My jerk shrimp was excellent and so was the salad. The entree choices varied. Two opted out of Caribbean flavors with salmon and Chicken Marsala, which they reported to be very good. One had the jerk chicken and called it spicy. I had oxtail in a brown sauce, which had less heat in the sauce than I was expecting but very good even without that. All came with either mashed potatoes or Jamaican rice and beans. The mashed potatoes looked great, but to have an authentic Caribbean meal I had to do the rice and beans. Dessert for the group was one cheesecake and Jamaican rum bread pudding. This bread pudding was very tasty. A fine meal all around the table for $30 each plus tax and tip.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Small portions bad value for the cost, had stewed beef all bones, three little pieces. A rip off. Order scallop apetiser they brought entr with little over cooked scallops. Waitress service poor

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were in Morristown for business. Found this place highly recommended on both on Yelp and Tripadvisor. The restaurant is located on the basement level of Best Western in Morristown, which was unexpected to us. The place was nice and cosy. The staffs were very attentive. We had Hibiscus appetizer, curried goat and jerk chicken. Everything was very flavorful. The sauces that came with the appetizer were really good. If you love spicy and tasty food, we would totally recommend this place.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything from the flavor of the food, the ambiance(although compact), the music and service was fantastic! I look forward to dining at Hibiscus in the very near future. 100% SATISFIED.