“Great Sunday Brunch”

Hibiscus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibiscus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Hibiscus is a unique find! Located in the heart of Morristown inside the Morristown Inn; a one of it’s kind, Hibiscus boasts a unique concept providing the first upscale but cozy Caribbean restaurant in New Jersey , the first in a hotel & the only place for Caribbean in town. Hibiscus prepares & presents for it's guests five star quality meals at unbelievably affordable prices. Never before have you had Traditional American & Authentic Island Cuisine (Jamaican) at it's best all in one place. Come & enjoy from Authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken served with traditional rice & beans & fried plantains to our famous Rasta Pasta made with lightly seasoned Jerk chicken breast, sundried tomatoes & broccoli in a light cream sauce over penne or capellini to Steak House quality steaks, perfectly prepared & served with our gourmet mashed potatoes & vegetables al dente, Complete your evening with our to die for, Jamaican Rum flavored Bread Pudding & Cup of our renowned blue mountain peak coffee
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The buffet was good. There are many choices and food are fresh - American and Caribbean. Deserts and fruits. The service was great and the price is reasonable because you will get Jazz 12 noon -3pm. They don't have liquor license. If you want mimosa, you can bring yr own Champagne. They serve orange juice. We really enjoyed it.

1  Thank KittieMeow
There are newer reviews for Hibiscus Restaurant

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great food. Atmosphere OK, I would say more in line with casual setting. If you want good food, BYOB, and Jerk chicken and Festival (it's fried corn bread), give it a try.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We held our annual holiday office dinner at Hibiscus and I must say it was excellent. The food was delicious, the live music wonderful, and the service courteous and professional. From salad, main course (i had the shrimp and steak) to the Chocolate Confusion dessert it was enjoyable and I will be back again!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We've been curious about Hibiscus for some time so when a Groupon appeared in April, I purchased it and used it this early October. Yes, it is in the basement but really, folks...don't act surprised unless you didn't read reviews or you just happened to stumble on the place. It is small and quaint, but the tables are situated in a way so that you are not on top of others. While my husband had the oxtail--he raved about it--, I had the shrimp dish and I really enjoyed it as well. The Groupon included an appetizer, so we had a calamari--good choice. We also tried the Jamaican beer, and we were glad that we did. For dessert, I was disappointed when I asked whether the rum bread pudding contained actual alcohol, and the waitress could only say "maybe" (I'm pregnant, so...). During dinner (Saturday night), live music was a lovely, yet not overwhelming touch, to our night out.
Overall, for a 25 dollar Groupon for an appetizer and two entrees, we were pleased. The prices themselves go from 15- 30 dollars an entree. I do have to say though-- current Groupons are priced at 39 dollars. Given that most entrees are under 20, I don't see the value in purchasing another. Would we return? Yes. Is it a "must-try?" Not necessarily to us, but we enjoyed the Carribean flavors and would return.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Hibiscus is a basement room set with about 20 tables in a Best Western Hotel in Morristown, NJ. You would never find it if you hadn't read about it but once you do you'll go back again and again. The food is outstanding and the Caribbean influences are a wonderful surprise. I had Chilean Sea Bass in a delicious sauce that is hard to describe. Suffice to say that the chef knows how to put spices together in a very interesting way. Just wonderful. The owners of Hibiscus want to make sure you enjoy everything about your experience so they've invited some pretty high-powered jazz artists to perform there a few nights a week, and at a jazz brunch on Sundays. We saw Laura Hull and Tomoko Ohno, and a bass player who's name I wish I could remember. What a great combination this trio made. Between the food and the music we thought we'd died and gone to heaven. They serve some local wines by the bottle, or you can BYOB. This isn't a place you pop in for a quick meal. This is a place you linger because you don't want to leave. A special thanks to Caroline who's warmth and hospitality made our experience wonderful across the board.