“Ok if you want to eat in a hotel basement” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hibiscus Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Hibiscus is a unique find! Located in the heart of Morristown inside the Morristown Inn; a one of it’s kind, Hibiscus boasts a unique concept providing the first upscale but cozy Caribbean restaurant in New Jersey , the first in a hotel & the only place for Caribbean in town. Hibiscus prepares & presents for it's guests five star quality meals at unbelievably affordable prices. Never before have you had Traditional American & Authentic Island Cuisine (Jamaican) at it's best all in one place. Come & enjoy from Authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken served with traditional rice & beans & fried plantains to our famous Rasta Pasta made with lightly seasoned Jerk chicken breast, sundried tomatoes & broccoli in a light cream sauce over penne or capellini to Steak House quality steaks, perfectly prepared & served with our gourmet mashed potatoes & vegetables al dente, Complete your evening with our to die for, Jamaican Rum flavored Bread Pudding & Cup of our renowned blue mountain peak coffee
Morristown, New Jersey
“Ok if you want to eat in a hotel basement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Food was good, atmospher was silly. There was no one there but us and it looked like a buffet room of the hotel, not a restaurant.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank fixmydog

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic food with great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was in town for a week staying at the Best Western the restaurant was in, but never suspected this quality of a restaurant would be right below me.

First the service. I've never had more personable service before, Christian was very thorough in explaining the menu (first time eating Jamaican/carribean fare), and genuinely seemed like making my dining experience incredible was his top priority. There was a female manager as well who asked what i oredered before the meal arived and then after my meal made it a point to ask how my meal was and any feedback. Since I was not from the area both offered things to do as well which was nice.

The food was great. For a complementary appetizer they give you this traditional jamacian snack which Christian described it best as a hush puppy with a light layer of honey brushed on the surface, served piping hot. I ate there two nights in a row, first night I had the Ox Tails, which were fall off the bone and melt in your mouth tender. It wasn't seasoned much so if you like more plain food I'd try that. The second night I had the jerk chicken, which Christian warned me about the heat but I like hot foods never had jerk though. It was incredible, chicken was cooked to perfection, yes it was very spicy but oh so good.

Both meals came with red beans and rice and grilled plantains, which are delicious. I thought it was just a fancy cut potato slice, I was pleasantly suprised. If you live in the area it's a must try.

Morristown, New Jersey
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

so i must say i was very pleasantly surprised with my dinning experience here at Hibiscus. to be quit honest i had no no idea what to expect from a restaurant that is listed as #1 but is located in the basement of a hotel. but we figured we would risk it - and boy are we glad we did.
this young attractive woman greeted us at the door with a huge smile and sat us right away. It was fairly busy but she did not rush us in any way. she explained the menu to us and answered all the questions that we had regarding the food because it was our first time dinning here.
then a handsome gentleman named Christian came over and and explained the specials menu in full detail that i was tempted to order one of everything. He was extremely attentive and polite.
as we were enjoying our meals the woman who i had mentioned earlier came back around and engaged us in conversation. we came to find out that she is the newest manager and i must say she was wonderful.
both christian and mallerie are the two biggest reasons as to why we will be most definitely returning.
lets not forget the food - wow!!! everything is a pretty large size of food and i cant even put into words how incredible it was. and as we were talking to mallerie and christian we came to find that all the recipes are handed down threw their family and is made just the same way that they did back in Jamaica.

New Jersey
“Caribbean in Morristown, NJ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

What a great surprise to find this restaurant located in the basement of the Best Western in Morristown. We had a wonderful salad followed by deliciious sea bass and curried goat. The goat was very tender and spiced just right. The creme brulee was light and delectable. We enjoyed listening to the steel drum during the course of the meal. Service was excellent and the staff extremely friendly. Excellent. There is a kid friendly menu. They also have a brunch on Wednesdays and a Jazz brunch on Fridays. Definitely a place to come back to!

Newark, New Jersey, United States
“A trip to Jamaica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Don't let the hotel location fool you! Great food and service awaits you at Hibiscus. Our business group enjoyed dinner here recently. Curried goat for some; mouthwatering pork chops for less adventuresome. Jerk chicken was excellent! Like dining in Jamaica without the travel. Great dining experience. Look forward to sharing with my husband.