“Overpriced”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I like Sona as a bar and their food is actually pretty good, but c'mon - what a ripoff. The burgers are all $12+ and the menu sides for dinner are a la carte. This isn't an upscale place, its a bar with about 10 booths that fill up a half awkward looking space as it is.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Great place to party!! Good music!!! Fun place to meet new people!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We chose this restaurant based on location. We were in town to see a show at the Arts Center which is just 2 blocks away. There is a parking garage around that corner that only costs $3 after 5 pm. I had read a few good reviews but then when I tried to look at the menu on their website, it was down. Took a chance anyway and I'm glad we did. We got there around 7:30 pm on a Saturday night. The main bar is immediately to the left. We chose to sit there and eat because we wanted to watch the game also. Bar service was quick and friendly. I ordered the French Onion soup which came quickly. I then had the Fish and Chips and my husband had the Crab Cake sandwich. Both were very good with the only complaint being the roll on the sandwich was too big. Prices were fine, not at all overpriced. They also had live music which was really good. Overall, great atmosphere and I would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

There are many different aspects of Sona which makes this place great. During the day it is a great place to stop and get lunch. When it's nice out, they open up the entire front of the restaurant to a small outside earing area. I've only ever had lunch here once, but the food was very good. The thing I like best about Sona is the happy hour. They always have pretty good drink specials. But on Thursday and Friday they offer free food from 5-7. They normally have hot wings, ziti, sliced pork, and salad. However I have seen bbq ribs, mac & cheese, and corn bread before. There are 3 bars, 2 on the first floor and 1 downstairs. They normally rotate the tap beers at the back bar pretty frequently and have some good choices. They also have a large bottled beer list as well. At night on the weekends they will normall have a DJ come in. The downstairs turns into nightclub/dance party atmosphere. I've only stuck around for that a few time though. Overall a great place, right downtown.