“A Great Location!!”

Mayo Performing Arts Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Mayo Performing Arts Center is Northern New Jersey's premier performing arts organization. Presenting concerts, dance, jazz, theatre, family shows and more in the heart of downtown Morristown.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have visited MPAC on a number of occasions and it has never failed to deliver a wonderful evening. Most recently a truly memorable "date night" to see Diana Krall, MPAC is large enough to attract great artists, but small enough for every event to feel intimate.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Mayo Performing Arts Center is a wonderful venue for everything from rock concerts to children's shows. The talent that they get to come to Morristown is phenomenal - they get some really big names in all sorts of genres of music and theater. The theater itself is recently renovated and beautiful inside, with huge brand new bathrooms that were just built this summer. Highly recommend seeing any show at the Mayo!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I arrived over an hour early to see one handicap space on the street. With no one to ask, no driveway to pull off into and traffic crawling up my tailpipe, there was no place to go but on. I drove around the block desperate to find a space. There are parking garages somewhere, but again, it was tough with the traffic to react in time. I was alone. Finally three blocks away, I find a space and made my way three blocks to the theatre which is not an easy task on my bad joints. Well, there on the side of the building where the big DO NOT ENTER sign had been was a row of handicap parking hidden along the side of the building! With empty spaces! I was furious! When I expressed my upset to the girl giving me my ticket, she was suppressing a smirk which I did not appreciate. No one offered assistance to me at any time. They said that an hour and a half before curtain they block off all of the spaces out front for handicap. There should be someone out there and better signage because I never should have been put in the position I was three blocks away. And also the door I was forced to go through had no push button and they are heavy. It should be on the website. As for the theatre, it is a beautiful theatre and I enjoyed the event thoroughly at front orchestra.

1  Thank Genny164
MayoArtsCenter, General Manager at Mayo Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We apologize that your experience at the Mayo Performing Arts Center was anything but excellent. We understand that parking can be difficult in Morristown. MPAC is a historic theatre that was built in 1937 and sits in the heart of Morristown’s business district. MPAC does not have its own parking for the theatre. MPAC works collaboratively with the Morristown Parking Authority to provide accessible parking spaces to patrons who may need them.

The Town of Morristown allows MPAC to convert regular street parking to accessible parking two hours prior to concerts. Meters are marked with temporary handicapped spot signs. There are 10 spaces located on South Street. Additionally, 11 spaces are available in the Vail Mansion indoor and outdoor parking. But as with parking at any venue, it is offered on a first-come/first-served basis. MPAC includes a map of available accessible parking on our website under Visitor Info at www.mayoarts.org/accessibility.htm.

MPAC positions a parking attendant in the Vail Mansion lot to direct patrons to parking options. We have determined that this is the most appropriate place to station an attendant. The Morristown Parking Authority often positions an attendant as well. The driveway to the Vail lot is one-way only, with the entry being further from the Theatre; the exit has a “Do Not Enter” sign, and the entry is marked with signs. The Morristown Parking Authority posts these signs.

As a part of our ongoing renovations to improve the services of our lobby, including larger, more accessible restrooms, an elevator to our second floor, and improved barrier-free accessibility, our new push-button automatic doors are the next items to be completed on our list. Our volunteer ushers have been trained to assist any patron who needs additional assistance.

If you have any concerns prior to attending a performance, please contact the box office at (973) 539-8008 and they will do their best to answer your questions.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Over the course of a season you can find almost every genre of performance presented here in a well maintained theater. Prices have gone up quite a bit in the last few years and the most popular shows sell out fast. Seats in the very rear may be a bit of a distance visually but the acoustics are excellent.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love this place..I wish they would have more rock bands there...Dont think there really is a bad seat in the theatre.Sound is also very good there..Will def return.