“Great atmosphere with equally great food”
Review of Ming II

Ming II
Reserve with OpenTable
Ming II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Ming II reinvents the Pan-Asian cuisine that Ming Restaurant, in Edison, NJ, has become famous for. Among the traditional Indo-Chinese, Malay, and Thai favorites, Chef Michael Chu prepares a wide array of mouth-watering delicacies. The intimate dining space has curved ceilings and soft-lighting to make it feel romantic and cozy. The breath-taking wine room features a wide array of wines from around the globe.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This location is a little different than their Edison location - both in ambiance and the menu. Restaurant location is a little strange - in an office complex setting but this restaurant is adjacent to their Mehndi Indian rest. and SM23(?) lounge. All three are NYC size and style - very modern and eclectic at the same time. Ambiance at Ming II was really nice - hardwood walls (yes, walls) with uplighting (lighting overall needs to be turned up a bit - hard to read the menu). Restaurant is not very big at all but it does serve alcohol from their lounge. Menu is a bit more varied than their Edison location - food, as usual, was a pleaser - no complaints except the chili paneer wasn't as good as it usually is (paneer too hard and the "taste" wasn't there). The appetizers (all veg is what we ordered) were sumptous and the hot-n-sour and coriander soups were excellent. Definite must go.

There are newer reviews for Ming II

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I tend to prefer a healthier option to my meals -- I asked the chef to make a few tweaks and he was unable to do so. I wound up ordering a few appetizers which were good - but, was disappointed b/c would have like to have tried other things. Big menu.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

As an Asian American who lives in Los Angeles, sure, I can be picky about Asian cuisine but in my opinion, this place left a lot to be desired. I dined with my colleague who is of partial Asian descent from Atlanta and she agreed it was disappointing.

First off, everything was fried. We shared the spicy garlic shrimp and nothing on the menu said it would be battered and fried but it was and it was disappointing. The menu said it is "very spicy" and the crazy fools we are, we asked them to make it as spicy as possible since we both love spicy food. When it came out, it was almost like a bland, tomato sauce/paste. Disappointing. We also ordered spicy noodles and asked them to make it extra spicy and again, it was not and if I recall correctly, I think the shrimp was fried there too. We shared items with other colleagues and it was sad to say, again, a lot of things were breaded and fried (and also not listed as such on the menu) or things were only so-so.

I understand that "Asian fusion cuisine" is not the same as "Asian cuisine but it seemed like this place could use a bit more spices and flavors, especially that of the cuisine they are trying to create. On the positive note though, I was impressed by the array of food options that varied across different types of Asian cuisine - Thai, Chinese, and other East Asian and Southeast Asian food.

So, if you are new to Asian cuisine, maybe this would be okay, especially if you want to try something from a "Pan-Asian fusion style cuisine." However, overall, I was disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant to others, especially for the price point that it was.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had dinner reservations here and was the best decision. The food is fresh and very very good. The ambiance and the service is exactly what you expect from a high end restaurant. The bar next door is definitely where you should begin the after dinner party! Side Note: Definitely try the veg manchurian and their signature cocktails.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We enjoyed a nice enough dinner on a Friday night. We made reservations, but they clearly weren't needed. The server seemed rushed, but the place wasn't that full. I wonder if they have to serve both sides? (Mendhi)
My Crispy Sea Bass was ok. It seems many item on the menu have similar sauces, but it might be my inexperience with this type of food. We did not like the chicken lettuce wrap appetizer. The mix just didn't taste good. My husband's Chicken dish was fine. We used a restaurant.com certificate, so it was ok, but if we had paid full price I would not have felt that we got our money's worth!