“Not terrible”
Review of Ming II

Ming II
Reserve with OpenTable
Ming II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 168 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Ming II reinvents the Pan-Asian cuisine that Ming Restaurant, in Edison, NJ, has become famous for. Among the traditional Indo-Chinese, Malay, and Thai favorites, Chef Michael Chu prepares a wide array of mouth-watering delicacies. The intimate dining space has curved ceilings and soft-lighting to make it feel romantic and cozy. The breath-taking wine room features a wide array of wines from around the globe.
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We enjoyed a nice enough dinner on a Friday night. We made reservations, but they clearly weren't needed. The server seemed rushed, but the place wasn't that full. I wonder if they have to serve both sides? (Mendhi)
My Crispy Sea Bass was ok. It seems many item on the menu have similar sauces, but it might be my inexperience with this type of food. We did not like the chicken lettuce wrap appetizer. The mix just didn't taste good. My husband's Chicken dish was fine. We used a restaurant.com certificate, so it was ok, but if we had paid full price I would not have felt that we got our money's worth!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have been to Ming several times and have never been dissapointed with the food or service.

The food is outstanding, i always try to get a different item from the menu because the menu is a bit big. Tried the chili lamb for the first time and it was excellent the flavors and texture were just right. The staff is excellent with making sure everything is good and great with refilling the water because i must say if you get something spicy you are going to need your glass refilled.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I heard rave reviews on this place from several people and was really disappointed. I have had better Chinese food from local take out places!

Food -
The food was just not good. I got the Manchurian Chicken and my friend got a spicy beef dish. Both were pretty bland. The dishes were not that great and the flavor was just OK.

Service -
Service was good, no complaints or issues.

Atmosphere -
What a weird place. First its in headquarters plaza and you walk down this long hallway and have to stop and make sure you are going the right way. Then you walk into a round room where you can go into 3 restaurants. I see what they are going for, but its more awkward than cool. The actual restaurant has a trendy look, but again, the layout is somehow awkward.

Price -
Biggest complaint. I don't mind spending good money on good food, but this was WAY overpriced for WAY below good food. $23 for spicy beef at a Chinese place? There is a great upscale Chinese place in Denville that blows this place out of the water.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The first time around I had to give it a negative review because neither my friend nor me could eat our very spicy food. While I'm still bitter about getting billed for food we didn't take more than a bite of, I gave it a second chance. The second time around it was excellent. I attribute the first negative trip to a language barrier issue. I would recommend to any whimps out there that you make a big deal of saying "make it very very mild" instead of just saying "I'm going to have entree X mild please." Portions are more than they seem and were quite filling. The quality is top rate. The ambiance is ideal for a date, but still good for friends. I look forward to returning soon.

1  Thank csj81
Reviewed November 28, 2011

the food is excellent. the restaurant is a bit noisy, and on each occasion we've gone, they insisted on seating us right next to other diners, even though there were many empty tables.