“Fine Indian Cuisine Served in a Fine Atmosphere”
Review of Mehndi

Mehndi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mehndi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 161 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 0.8 miles to NJ Transit
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are looking for an Indian restaurant for a quick lunch buffet or for a long meal to celebrate the holidays with your loved ones, Mehndi definitely caters to everybody. The food is authentic and robust without being oily or spicy. I seem some somewhat negative reviews of the service, but I've always had a wonderful experience.

The parking is located below the Hyatt and is validated, which is convenient.

2  Thank ShaunMehtani

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Megndi is upscale Indian Restaurant and the chefs know what they are preparing.
I took some of my American friends and Managers and they were so impressed by Indian Food they compare other cuisine on the scale of it now.
Mehndi, please keep up the good work and do not disappoint sporadicaly.

2  Thank Earn2Travel
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I and three other ladies had dinner in Mehndi's last night. Lovely restaurant and atmosphere. The food was good but the service was slow. Unfortunately, our waiter accidentally knocked over a glass of wine on his tray splattering red wine all over the four of us. We had red wine on our blouses, slacks and even on two of our faces. It was quite a scene. They promptly moved us to another table and cleaned up the spilled wine and broken glass. Accidents happen and we weren't upset but the waiter didn't even apologize. He just said "that was funny" which we think he was meaning "odd/funny" that the glass just exploded the way it did. We went ahead and ordered appetizers and had dinner. At no time during the evening did a manager or anyone come over to our table and apologize for the mishap. Nor were we offered even so much as a discount on our meal or to pay for dry cleaning our clothes which are most likely ruined. We didn't ask for anything but it would have been appropriate for them to have offered. We thought that was out-of-character for a nice restaurant.

3  Thank Osborn007
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We arrived on a Friday night (quite early) for our reservation and were shown to what is most probably the worst table in the restaurant - there was only one other table occuppied. Most of the dishes were up to their normal good standard except one dish had a chemical taste (was it because I complained about our table?). It was so bad that I had to ask for a clean plate. The waiter came back and said that the taste was due to rose water - isn't rose water sweet rather than tasting like bleach or detergent? I felt better when the manager stopped by and then sent a complimentary dessert to the table - but surprised to see that we were still charged for the dish in question. All the other dishes were very good as per normal - we have eaten at this restaurant at least 10 times over the last 18 months - I guess the moral of the story is - don't complain and you will have a good meal!

2  Thank NWNJSummit
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our first time at Mehndi and we'll would go back. Our waiter helped me make a entree selection, as I'm somewhat new to Indian cuisine, and he was very helpful. The cocktail list is wonderful, but we opted for wine and were not disappointed. My dish was spicier than I had anticipated, but I have a low tolerance for spice (if you do as well, ask for mild, not medium). It was still delish and I ate every bite! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his as well. We had the chocolate lava cake with strawberry and pink peppercorn topping for dessert. Highly recommend it. Overall, excellent and we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank heatherm27