“reliably good”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I was surprised to read the few reviews that mentioned bad service-I have been here many times and never witnessed nor experienced anything other than professional service and good food. I love that the food is unusual and eclectic. Everything I have tried (I am not a big Thai food fan) has been excellent-whether thai, french, or fusion. My only complaint is that I find the chairs to be somewhat uncomfortable, and when the restaurant is crowded and you are upstairs, it feels a bit crammed and loud. There is something for everybody here, and most dishes can be made vegetarian or vegan upon request. A must for anyone looking for a unique restaurant at very fair prices. A nice walk to the Mayo Center, or across the street for a coffee and a walk on the green.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband and I eat here every time we visit Morristown for a show. The atmosphere is relaxing, and the food is fantastic with wonderful aesthetics as well. So many traditional and modern dishes to choose from. Daily specials are always delicious, and very reasonably priced. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

This has become our favorite restaurant in the Morristown area. It's hard to beat the combination of really tasty and innovative Thai foods, a great friendly service, a quiet ambience where you can actually talk to and hear your dinner parties and no corkage fees. Hard to beat.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Had the curry, it was really good, great service, BYOB, wasn't impressed with the Asian BBQ ribs, but everything else was great.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I went to Origin last night with a group of friends. The place is neatly decorated and leaves a good first impression. It offers a strange blend of Thai and French foods, so in the midst of Pad Thai noodles and Tom Yum, you will find escargot or a peppered steak. I had a lobster curry from the specials menu and it was delicious. Meals are well presented and plates are not overloaded with food. Staff are professional.
One complaint was about the level of noise. The music was loud which made it difficult to have a conversation. Several times during the evening, the restaurant played an appalling cheesy version of the Happy Birthday song. Every time they played it extra loud, so that conversation had to stop until the music was over. That was not received well by my party and next time we would be looking for a quieter place to get together.