“Something is very wrong at this place..”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Campagna

La Campagna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Campagna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 155 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nyack, New York
“Something is very wrong at this place..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We would consider ourselves regulars here over the years...at least eating dinner there once or twice a month(more in the summer). Last night was horrific. We had a reservation and Freddy the head waiter/manager, had given it away. they had to add a table outside. Could not get a glass a water after begging for it. We waited over 45 minutes for Freddy to take our order. After 2 hours I went to the kitchen to find out what happened to the food. At one point we saw the chef or sous chef walk out of the restaurant to the liquor store across the street. The food was drenched in olive oil.
Why would the head waiter park his mercedes Benz in the prime spot in front of the restaurant with vanity plates so that it prohibits any customer from using that spot? I was always told that the workers park in the back to allow the customers or patrons best access to the parking spots.
when I went to the kitchen to find out what happened to the food--no one would answer me. They told me there was no manager and the owners now go to a restaurant in Montclair.

I think the owners may want to re-think how the place is managed.

For now, we are taking this restaurant "off our plate." not worth the horrible service and lack of hospitality. There are plenty of other good Italian restaurants in the Morristown/Chatham area.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank m b

Chatham
“Dissapointed twice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We went there again after a sort absence and was willing to give it another try. The first time I ordered a "hanger steak" off the menu and it was expensive and nothing more than sliced flank steak. My partner's meal was just ok nothing great. So after a couple of months passed we decided to give it another try.The service was good and they're friendly enough but they drench most of their dishes with heavy sauces so the second time was not a great meal either. Too many choices in the area to try a third time.

• Visited June 2014
nj
“Pleasant experience on Mother's Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

A delicious meal was had by all of at la campagna on Mother's Day. Nice corner table by the window. We sampled, gnocchi, veal scallopini, flounder, and seafood with linguini. All very tasty. Caesar salad crisp and just right. The bread was excellent. After dinner we enjoyed some wonderfully sweet strawberries with zambaglione. First visit. Byob doesn't hurt either. I will be back.

Visited May 2014
Bernardsville, New Jersey
“Always loved this place ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Definitely different from the original owners . We usually always go for the veal parmigiana and have in most cases loved it. We have ventured and tried other things that were just ok. I can get some of the negative reviews , however , we have always found the staff very pleasant and attentive . We will go back .

1 Thank 01ritz
Rochester, New York
“Terrible Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Where do I begin! Food was nothing special, is way over priced for what you get, risotto was horrible, it was what I suspect eating grade school paste would taste like. The service was the worst I have ever experienced and the staff was argumentative and extremely rude.
Could go on and on about this very upsetting experience but I would say that Morristown has plenty of excellent restaurants and La Campagna is definitely not one of them.

• Visited April 2014