“Love La Campagna”
Review of La Campagna

La Campagna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Campagna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 161 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This restaurant never disappoints. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing, and delicious dinner in Morristown, look no further.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

great service on a quiet wednesday night. i had the beef carpaccio and shrimp with peppers, asparagus in a white wine, garlic and caper sauce. i sopped up the sauce with the bread - it was so good

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was one of the worst meals and worst service my wife and I have ever had. They had multiple floor managers at this small space and they had absolutely no clue what they were doing. Awful communication between them, and sitting by the kitchen, I could hear the constant chaos. Something has really changed with this restaurant and we will never return. I ordered Clams Casino as an appetizer and it was like none I have ever had. You couldn't see any sign of a clam, instead it was like uncooked bacon over some bread crumbs and some marsala sauce poured over the whole thing. The main courses we got were really bad too and we hardly ate any. Finally, when we were able to order desert, which should be pretty straight forward, we just handed back this microwaved mess of bananas, syrup, and ice-cream soup to the waiter almost as quickly as we got it. We received a $20 gift card for the trouble, which they probably knew we'd never use, since we'll never return. The worst part of the meal was witnessing someone on the kitchen staff openly squeezing zits on his face for several minutes straight...disgusting!! Awful experience!!!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I recently had dinner at La Campagna because we had a gift certificate from our daughter who knew we had enjoyed the restaurant greatly in the past. The experience was more than a little disappointing. The complimentary appetizer offered in the past is no more, apparently. Calamari was coated nicely but slightly rubbery. My husband ordered a scallop entree from the specials of the day menu and was told they were out of scallops (at 6:15 in the evening). My entree, Capelini with Shrimp, Scallops and Clams in a Slightly Spicy WhiteFish Broth, contained two shrimp which were overcooked, 1 scallop and several clams. The capellini was also overcooked and way too plentiful for the sauce. The seafood in the dish by no means justified the price on the menu.
The waiters were attentive but dressed rather casually for the type of restaurant it purports to be.
I have recommended this restaurant to several people in the past but do not feel I could do so again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

A common complaint of other reviewers is the prices shown on the restaurant internet are cheaper than the menu reality which in general are two dollars more than the internet version. I imagine this flaw is due more to the management being more interested in running the restaurant operation rather than a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Pluses are excellent service and a warm inviting interior. The amuse bouche was just fine, dinner received no complaints from our party of eight on New Year's Eve with the exception one plate was delivered with food not hot enough. The waiter took care of the matter instantly. Our dessert of warm chocolate cake and ice cream came nicely decorated with designs on the plate, but would be enhanced with some hot chocolate sauce as the cake itself was a bit dry.

Minuses are the front door is ratty and detracts from the initial impression plus the above comment about internet pricing. We will be back.