“Disappointed”
Review of La Campagna

La Campagna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Campagna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 170 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I recently had dinner at La Campagna because we had a gift certificate from our daughter who knew we had enjoyed the restaurant greatly in the past. The experience was more than a little disappointing. The complimentary appetizer offered in the past is no more, apparently. Calamari was coated nicely but slightly rubbery. My husband ordered a scallop entree from the specials of the day menu and was told they were out of scallops (at 6:15 in the evening). My entree, Capelini with Shrimp, Scallops and Clams in a Slightly Spicy WhiteFish Broth, contained two shrimp which were overcooked, 1 scallop and several clams. The capellini was also overcooked and way too plentiful for the sauce. The seafood in the dish by no means justified the price on the menu.
The waiters were attentive but dressed rather casually for the type of restaurant it purports to be.
I have recommended this restaurant to several people in the past but do not feel I could do so again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

A common complaint of other reviewers is the prices shown on the restaurant internet are cheaper than the menu reality which in general are two dollars more than the internet version. I imagine this flaw is due more to the management being more interested in running the restaurant operation rather than a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Pluses are excellent service and a warm inviting interior. The amuse bouche was just fine, dinner received no complaints from our party of eight on New Year's Eve with the exception one plate was delivered with food not hot enough. The waiter took care of the matter instantly. Our dessert of warm chocolate cake and ice cream came nicely decorated with designs on the plate, but would be enhanced with some hot chocolate sauce as the cake itself was a bit dry.

Minuses are the front door is ratty and detracts from the initial impression plus the above comment about internet pricing. We will be back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went to La Campagna last night with a group of 7 for a client meeting. My first impression was that the exterior seemed a bit run-down (and seeing Fiore's right across the street made me wonder if we picked the right place). The inside of LaCampagna was cozy and made up for the exterior. It is a bit noisy, which was fine for our purposes, but I probably would not recommend this restaurant for an intimate dinner. The food was good and everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. I had the arugula salad which was tasty, and the whole wheat pasta with vegetables and garlic/olive oil. It was also very tasty, and I ordered the full portion which was far too much pasta for one person! They give each person a tiny piece of bruschetta before the meal. It was excellent. We did not have dessert. While I probably wouldn't go here on my own again (I would try Fiore's next time) it was a good meal overall. Also, it's a BYOB.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food consistently excellent. Comfortable place with fine service. Would be happy to find this place in Florence.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for the second time last night and had a wonderful experience. We love the fact that half portions of pasta are available. at half price.

I had the capelinni with seafood. Good size clams and shrimp and the scallop was incredible. The portion was more than adequate, so I can't imagine what it would take to eat a full portion.

The owner was omnipresent as was his brother, Ben. Our server, Marcos, was so attentive that he knew which wine was mine and which was my wife's just from what he overheard as we came in.

The crowning moment was the presentation of complimentary biscotti at the conclusion of our meal. I'll never be able to eat a biscotti again without comparing it to this amazing treat.