“Great food and service”
Review of La Campagna

La Campagna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Campagna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
NY
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant for last 13 years. It has great decor, service and food. There are some outside seatings when the weather is warm. I hope they survive from all the competitions around.

Visited January 2013

New Jersey
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went to La Campagna tonight for the first time in years. In fact tonight was our first experience under the current ownership. The staff was very friendly and helpfu yet the food results in this restaurant being merely average in my view.

As others have noted, the menu has too many selections and most dishes are too "busy". The chef should decide what he wants the restaurant to be - a solid place that serves the classics, or a more avant garde Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, the dishes try to be both. A perfect example is the penne with vodka sauce. An Italian American classic, so why do they include snow peas?!

The veal my wife ordered was tough and my chicken was dry. Everything was too salty. And none of the dishes are inexpensive.

All in, I've had worse but I've also had a lot better. I'm not rushing back.

• Visited January 2013
NY, NY
“Great for a quiet meal”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good for a business lunch or dinner. They don't rush you and the food is very good. The waiters or very knowledgable and proffesional.

Visited March 2012
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Great Italian Restaurant in Morristown”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went to La Campagna for New Year's Eve and it was great. Crowded and very tight but tolerable. The waitstaff was very nice and efficient.

I thought I would have a classic Italian pasta dish of some kind but instead ordered the hangar steak special. What a great choice - very tasty and cooked perfectly, with lots of stir fry peppers, onions and mushrooms on top. My wife and daughter had chicken dishes and both were very happy with their choices.

The prices are not cheap but not overly expensive either. Since it is a BYOB that takes some of the sting out of the total bill.

The restaurant arranged for free parking nights at the nearby bank parking lot so that is a real nice amenity.

Next time tou are in the mood for a quality Italian dinner try La Camapagna but don't forget to bring your own wine!

• Visited December 2012
“Way overpriced & horrible food!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went here for a date nite. it's close & Byob so we figured we would try it. First, they bring you cold bread with no butter & some complementary bruschetta (which was the only tasty part of the meal)...our salads were old & frozen and tasted like feet. The main course was veal & lamb & both were terrible. even desert was a miss!!!! $100 later and we were just shocked at home disgusting the food is...don't go here for a date or for anything else!! The service was the only good part!! everyone was super nice!!

2 Thank melnel1224