“Not even close to good NY deli”
Review of Morristown Deli

Morristown Deli
Ranked #49 of 168 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately there are few decent delis in Morristown. I decided to give this place a try a few times. They have a good selection, variety of Jewish food- eg Matzo ball soup. However, I was not pleased with their deli sandwiches. I am happy to pay for a good large corned beef sandwich, but I found the meat to be sub-par, dry. The matzo ball soup was decent.

I found the Plaza west kosher deli to be better. Still would rather travel to the city for good homemade fresh corned beef and pastrami any day

Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is Morristown's shrine to NYC Deli cuisine. Though I like to come here for lunch when I need pastrami and a knish, this is my after church place for smoked fish and bagels. The Gaspe salmon is always great. When the smoked sturgeon is available, it is outstanding. Try the kippered salmon and herring roll-ups also. This place gets noisy and crowded on weekends. Come early and enjoy or just enjoy and don't kvetch because I warned you.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

The family owners were fantastic. The food is varied, quick and tasty This became our regular brunch place on weekdays. Great location!

1  Thank rjd_aussie
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I went here for breakfast since there are so few options in Morristown. It was your average diner food. The manager was nice and friendly, but our server kept forgetting to bring us milk for our coffee. I thought it was a joke, we had to ask 3 times (it wasn't too crowded when we were there). My omelet was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. I thought it was a little overpriced as everything was additional charge (egg whites, cheese, etc). I know egg whites are normally an extra charge, but cheese? Ended up being a $10 omelet when it would normally be $6-7. I would like to try lunch and see if there deli sandwiches are any better.

1  Thank jaymarie11
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I had lunch there on a Friday.The deli was very inviting and appealing inside. It was crammed with interesting looking candies and deli counter. The ambience was very comfortable. That said, I wish I could rave about the food but I can't. The pea soup I ordered was practically cold when it arrived. My turkey and brie sandwich with raspberry vinaigrette had almost no flavor. And, sadly no Brie! The portion sizes were fine, as were the prices. I wish I could say maybe it was because they were very busy at the time but the deli was only half full. It's not a place I would rush to go back to.