“Great Breakfasts on Sunday”
Review of Morristown Deli

Morristown Deli
Ranked #49 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Morristown, NJ
“Great Breakfasts on Sunday”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

This is Morristown's shrine to NYC Deli cuisine. Though I like to come here for lunch when I need pastrami and a knish, this is my after church place for smoked fish and bagels. The Gaspe salmon is always great. When the smoked sturgeon is available, it is outstanding. Try the kippered salmon and herring roll-ups also. This place gets noisy and crowded on weekends. Come early and enjoy or just enjoy and don't kvetch because I warned you.

Cebu
“The Best Service”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The family owners were fantastic. The food is varied, quick and tasty This became our regular brunch place on weekdays. Great location!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank rjd_aussie
Morristown, New Jersey
“Just okay...”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I went here for breakfast since there are so few options in Morristown. It was your average diner food. The manager was nice and friendly, but our server kept forgetting to bring us milk for our coffee. I thought it was a joke, we had to ask 3 times (it wasn't too crowded when we were there). My omelet was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. I thought it was a little overpriced as everything was additional charge (egg whites, cheese, etc). I know egg whites are normally an extra charge, but cheese? Ended up being a $10 omelet when it would normally be $6-7. I would like to try lunch and see if there deli sandwiches are any better.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank jaymarie11
NJ
“Maybe I will return some day”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I had lunch there on a Friday.The deli was very inviting and appealing inside. It was crammed with interesting looking candies and deli counter. The ambience was very comfortable. That said, I wish I could rave about the food but I can't. The pea soup I ordered was practically cold when it arrived. My turkey and brie sandwich with raspberry vinaigrette had almost no flavor. And, sadly no Brie! The portion sizes were fine, as were the prices. I wish I could say maybe it was because they were very busy at the time but the deli was only half full. It's not a place I would rush to go back to.

Rochester, New York
“great ny style deli sandwiches in jersey”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

we visited this restaurant twice during our stay in morristown, nj. the first time was for a late lunch on a weekday. the owner/managers were really friendly and pleasant as was our server. we ordered the oversized deli sandwiches and they did not disappoint! loaded with deli meat and a side of chips & pickle. the corned beef was nicely seasoned on unseeded rye (the only rye bread that they serve) and was so large that i took half the sandwich back to the hotel for dinner although my husband did finish. my only complaint was the same sandwich that we ordered for takeout two days later. it was still tasty but much smaller for the same price and no pickle either.