“Its ok - not special enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brick Oven of Morristown - CLOSED

The Brick Oven of Morristown
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pine St.
Transit: Morristown train station is one block down from the restaurant off Pine St.
Morristown, New Jersey
“Its ok - not special enough”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are other places to go; this seems to be a chain restaurant and it was fine; just that there was nothing special or unique about it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank honeyg24

New Jersey
“Surprised by the quality”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

When my wife and I decided to try the Brick Oven we were expecting a run of the mill pizza restaurant. We were surprised to find a upscale Italian restaurant with delicious entrees. We both has the salmon and it was cooked to perfection with delicate vegetables. They also have an extension wine list which really surprised me since we were expecting a pizza joint.

Visited July 2013
Morris County, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,320 helpful votes
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

8 of us went out for lunch here recently. It was okay. The majority of us had their personal pizzas, while some of us had pasta dishes. The pizza was okay. The service was a little slow. Overall there was really nothing memorable about this restaurant. Will I come back? Probably not.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bwco
Garden State
“Food and Service This Bad is Sad!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It pains me to even give The Brick Oven one star because I consider that to be far too many. The hub and I tried this place for the first time this past Sunday because I was jonesing for either flatbread pizza, or thin crust pizza. We couldn't have showed up at a worse time...most of the tables inside had been reserved by patrons of the neighboring Mayo Performing Arts Center. Our only option was a crappy table next to the servers' order placing station, in front of the brick oven. We decided to stay although it is ridiculous to even place a table in what truly is the line of fire, a.k.a. the "death seat." I was just waiting for my husband to either get bumped into or hit in the head with a plate as the servers zoomed by. Our seating placement really could have ruined the whole dining experience had the food and service not been even worse...but they were! We sat for at least ten minutes, waiting for a server to claim us as their customers, although we were seated in the most noticeable of spots and even tables that arrived after us had already been acknowledged. I thought about walking back up to the hostess stand to request for a server, despite how truly annoying that is, but we both agreed to just be exceedingly patient and attempt to enjoy our time there. When our server finally arrived there was no apology for the wait, and we eagerly placed our order. We decided to order several things to split, such as Bruschetta, the Insalata Brick Oven, which consisted of arugula, onions, tomatoes, and mozzarella cubes drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette, and the Francesco Pizza, with mozzarella, diced breaded chicken, and tomato sauce. We ended up waiting just as long to receive our drinks as we had waited to receive our server. The bruschetta and salad came out reasonably quick, but our server hadn't been the one to deliver them to us nor did she check on how we were doing. To tell you the truth we even forgot exactly which one she was. We wanted to send back our sodas which had no taste, since we refuse to pay for flavorless soft drinks that restaurants intentionally pass off to customers by not putting enough syrup into their machines. The bruschetta was okay, the salad was lacking and uninspiring and tossed with barely any dressing, and the pizza was the absolute pits! If you don't mind spending $12.95 for a 10" blackened-on-the-edges pizza with flavorless and nearly invisible pieces of chicken, then this is your place! Had to ask the hostess to send our server over, in which we found that all along she was actually a girl who had passed by and ignored us many a time without care. We then sent back our sodas and requested the check, all to our waitress's nonchalance. But she sure was in a hurry to settle our check and bump us out since she flew back and attempted to retrieve it "in the blink of an eye," when we hadn't even yet touched it! Our entire experience at The Brick Oven speaks volumes about what type of establishment it is. All I have to say is that both my husband and I couldn't wait to leave this semblance of a "tourist trap," and just when we thought things couldn't get any worse, they could AND did! Upon exiting the hostess said "Have a good day." I very quietly and unenthusiastically murmured back while my husband just didn't have it in him to, so she chose to utter the words, "Or not!" I didn't actually have the pleasure to hear her since I was almost out the door and my husband was passing by when she had the nerve to say this. Had he told me what she said before we got outside I would have had no problem confronting her face to face about her own arrogant and passive-aggressive lack of character and unprofessionalism. Never actually remembered encountering a rude person in the Morristown restaurant circuit until that moment...but hey, there is a first time for everything. This is the main reason why a restaurant like this will eventually fail, since food quality has the capability to improve...but unfortunately bad attitudes usually stick.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank GardenStateSiggy
“Great food!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Fresh Italian food! Busy restaurant, louder atmosphere, and tables very close. A little pricey for a family dinner, and not the best atmosphere for date night, but really good food.

• Visited January 2013