“Fresh food, very good service”

Mary Jane's Fish Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Cromer
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Mary Jane's is Cromer's finest Fish and Chip restaurant and takeaway. Positioned a stones throw from the sea front in the heart of town we have a 47 seat restaurant offering a wide range of cooked to order fish, chicken, burgers and pies. Or choose to takeaway and and sit overlooking the prom or on the pier, fish and chips doesn't get more traditional than that!!
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Fresh food, very good service”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Sorry but I dont quite get the last 2 reviews, my partner and I ate here today and were very pleased with the food and the service. Fish was very nice, especially my cod and everything tasted fresh and just cooked. It arrived quickly and was hot and tasty. Not much else to add except we will dine there again if and when in Cromer.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SHEEPY2012

Southport, United Kingdom
“not what it was”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

chips ok but nothing special, has lost its quality it had. after moving back to cromer after 12 years we were disappointed in the food

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank peterattwood
Cehegin, Spain
“Going down hill”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been going to Mary Janes for over years as my parents live in Cromer, and have to say they used to have the best fish and chips I had tasted, but over the years they have just gone on their reputation, portions have become smaller and food less tasty. The last time I ate their the fish was greasy and the chips cold and the portions were so small. If you go in the winter the food is better and portions are bigger. Sorry the chip shop opposite the amusement arcade is much better.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lierbobles
Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
“Mary Jane's - still got it... And then some!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

If its proper seaside fish and chips you want forget everywhere else. In view of the sea happy customers were still queuing for the place to open at 11:15am on a Monday in April! We strolle din as it opened and the staff couldn't have been more helpful trying to accommodate our double buggy and get 4 adults and 3 toddlers settled. The service remained terrific. Food order was Cod and chips, haddock and chips and accompaniments. Didn't have to wait long and you can almost hear them taking the fish out the fryers - proper flakes of moist white fish with a crisp and crunchy batter. Better than I remember. Proper chips too - not all ends and bits but lovely golden and still so hot from the fryer the vinegar evaporated immediately. As I siad a a sit down F&C dinner goes, this is the best. In a town that needs reasons to travel to, when off season - for me this is as good as any reason in the town, I hope to take my grand kids here, when our kids come back for their holidays!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Chromite
Norwich, United Kingdom
“best fish and chips in cromer”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

if im in cromer and want a quick lunch I will go here its always busy which is a good sign and means the food is always fresh , worth a visit

Visited November 2012