Virginia Court Hotel
$191
Sandcliff Guest House(Cromer)(Great Value!)
$77
$202
Cromer Country Club by Diamond Resorts(Cromer)(Great Value!)
$72
Sea Marge Hotel(Overstrand)
  • Beachfront
The Manor Hotel(Mundesley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsa quiet residential areanorfolk breakfastlovely hoteltown centretea and coffee making facilitiessea fronthotel is situatedmueslion arrivallarge roomshort walkkippersroll top bathbreakfast choiceswould highly recommend this hotellounge areasingle room
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This has been our second visit to The Virgina Court Hotel. When I stay at other hotels they do what they do and that is it , you stay and go home and if you go back to the resort/town you try another hotel. In Cromer and the reason we returned for a second visit is because The Virginia Court Hotel is simply the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff also give a warm welcome , helpful and enjoy a chat. and service is excellent. The rooms are spotless , clean , bed is big wide and comfortable , hot water plentiful . The chef is a very talented person, I have never tasted such wonderful food that blow us both away . The portions were just the right size. We really got excited on our days out about our evening meal on our return.At breakfast the home made marmalades were a treat and after a good feed we only did not not need to each much during the day . This hotel has provided my wife and I two very restful stress free holiday. Who needs foreign holidays! Well done and thank you to all the staff for looking after us on our stay. I mention and recommend this hotel to everyone I talk to . Good luck to you all in the future and look forward to seeing you soon
Ian and Louise Wigley Bedfordshire

Room Tip: I have had two different rooms both very good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend recently with a large group (we booked the whole place). Found the hotel to be comfortable and clean, and the location in a quiet street within a few minutes walk of the centre of Cromer and the beach couldn't be more convenient. The breakfasts were excellent, with home-made jams being a highlight - carrot and cardamom might sound strange but it was so good I bought a couple of jars to take home. The food in the evenings was very good with some nice veggie options. The bar is a very comfortable area to relax with friends and a few drinks. The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable. I'll book here again next time I go to this part of the country!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I have just had a pleasant 3 night stay at The Virginia Court Hotel in Cromer, we paid £125.00 per night bed and breakfast.

There are many positives, the hotel is a nice building in a pleasant area of Cromer, good sized car park, the public areas are fine, nice dining room, lovely breakfasts and friendly staff. We had dinner one night and it was nice and reasonable value.

However our room was not so good, quite old fashioned, furniture and carpet past their sell by date with outdated bathroom but most importantly not clean enough, plenty of cobwebs and accumulated dust, the cleaning staff obviously used to a quick lick rather than a proper clean.

In conclusion this is not a cheap hotel but I feel the owners either need to refurbish the bedrooms and improve general housekeeping standards or reduce the prices.

Please don't be put off from staying at The Virginia Court as this review is purely my opinion and no doubt the owners will disagree, feel free to stay there and make up your own mind!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us during the busy summer period.
I am pleased you found many aspects of our hotel enjoyable including the friendly team of staff however naturally I was disapointed to read of the lapse in housekeeping standards which you felt unable to mention during your stay. As you will have no doubt noticed almost every review on here makes a point of mentioning how spotlessly clean the hotel is and I am not sure why your room did not meet our usual high standards. I would like to apologise for this lapse, however had you given us your thoughts on the room at the time, I would have ensured it was thoroughly dusted and may have been able to swap the room for one which may have been more to your liking.
Our peak summer season has now finished and we are offering our lower winter rates from 1st October 2013 to 30th April 2014. During the winter months we will be continuing with our ongoing refurbishment programme.
Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope you will revisit next year and give us the opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards.
Regards

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Our room was ok but rather small and we found it was a bit of a squash but it was clean and had all that you need and fresh decor.The view from the net covered window was of the dustbins below and houses in the distance. Evening meal was good value and well presented. Breakfast was the one thing we thought odd. My husband usually likes porridge followed by a small cooked breakfast such as beans on toast or 1 sausage 1 tomato and an egg. Here he was not able to do this. Porridge topped with about 6 berries was classed as a cooked option on the cooked breakfast menu. So we asked the waitress who said he could have porridge but he could the not have a cooked option as stated above to follow. This is so odd. So he had the porridge and some prunes before it. I really think this should be changed as porridge is a cereal choice I think! The place is spacious at the entrance and the dining room is well presented for a 3 star hotel. Would not stay here again because of the breakfast choices being a bit regimented and not flexible. I felt it was expensive considering our lack of breakfast choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay and I am pleased that overall you had a good time.
The hotel was built over a 100 years ago and as such the bedroom and bathroom sizes do vary around the building, as do the views. This winter, following guest feedback, we are building a new area to store the bins so for the 3 rooms that can currently see the bins this should no longer be an issue.
I am sorry you did not enjoy our award wiining Taste of Norfolk breakfast. In common with many other hotels that offer a freshly cooked to order breakfast, as opposed to a hot buffet, the porridge is cooked to order and takes as long to prepare as any other cooked item. It was our Hotel Inspector during our annual inspection in 2012 who recommended we take this approach as we already offer 5 other cereal choices including our home made muesli.
I do hope next time you are in Cromer you will consider staying with us again.
Once again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just returned from an autumn break 2013 and enjoyed a superb stay here. We stayed on a half board basis and found both the breakfasts and evening meals to be excellent and generous with varied and interesting choices. Nothing was too much trouble for the attentive and friendly staff all of whom are an asset to this lovely, comfortable hotel. The owners have given a lot of thought to the comfort of their guests and this is reflected in the general ambience everywhere. Our room was spotlessly clean with ample tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Only a short walk through a pleasant park to the seafront promenade and also convenient for the town itself, the Virginia Court Hotel is a gem of a find and we'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. We try very hard to please all our guests, as you will no doubt have noticed from previous Tripadvisor reviews, and its always good for the whole team to hear that their efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon as one of our many returning guests.

Best wishes