“Well done Cliftonville”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cromer
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Well done Cliftonville”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I have just had the most wonderful short break at the Cliftonville Hotel. The staff were polite and approachable and the food was lovely. The room had a sea view and was reasonably priced a good size and was clean. Even though the weather was stormy the hotel was warm and cosy. I would recommend this hotel. If you enjoy good food in a friendly atmosphere you have to try this hotel. Many thanks for making our short break a relaxing time. Parking is also easy with plenty of space.

Room Tip: The Double room was a good space for a couple
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina1408

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate and drank at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. The variety of food offered is great and the prices are very reasonable. It is a nice old building with many original features. The staff are helpful and kind. Parking is easy in the hotel's own car park or in the road opposite. Well done Cliftonville. Food is available in the restaurant, bar or The Bistro. Try the Elderflower Presse for a good refreshing sparkling non alcoholic cold drink.

Room Tip: We did not stay only ate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betty S
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was the first place my now husband took me to when we first met and we have returned time after time, even coming back for our honeymoon.
The family run hotel which welcomes dogs is wonderful at all times of the year. The staff are always welcoming and cant do enough for you. We visit several times a year and at Christmas the ambiance is fantastic with great decorations and a log fire, its like sitting in your own lounge....but with waiter service :)
Our visit last week to go to the 40's weekend in neighbouring Sheringham saw us in a newly decorated room with a wonderful sea view, bliss to wake up to!
This place serves one of the best breakfasts, all day food and has a restaurant with great grub too!!! I cant recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room here but the views from the corner turret rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynnies56
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel Staff Wonderfully Friendly and Professional.
Hotel aged but well loved , Well Done to Housekeeping .
Bad bit for me , i booked a single room and wow next time will probably book Double .
I have never in my life slept (or tried ) to sleep in such a small bed, l have Fybromyalgia and it was the most uncomfortable time of my life . (Sea View !)
Was glad to get home to my own bed .
Rooms were spotless cant complain on that front .
Food , very good Standard and Quality Nice Real Ale ....... Yes l did try some :)
WiFi was a problem as we went for a Ancestry Break , WiFi was only available in the Reception Area, so not the best really. Guests standing around trying to get the best Signal possible , so Internet not the best .
Overall good spot wonderful Countryside, Pier, Cromer Village , Nice Indian not too far from the Hotel in the Village .

Room Tip: Single Rooms really Really small
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived on Friday, 2 adults plus a black lab. We had never taken a dog away with us before but needn't have worried. The room included dog bowls and bedding and he could choose dog food or meat and gravy! Our room was spacious, recently refurbished and had a sea view. The food was excellent and the bar food good value for money. The staff were very welcoming and efficient. There was a wedding on the Saturday but we still received excellent service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the cliftonville hotel in early august 2013,our room was at the front with a view of the pier. the room was immaculate and so was the en-suite bathroom we also had tea making facilities which was nice after a long journey.The staff were very friendly and helpful,we had breakfast which was included in the price and that was good too. There is a restaurant which is part of the hotel we had a superb meal there in the evening, have stayed at many hotels over the years, but this is one of the better ones WELL DONE the Clifftonville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andrew b
Yorkshire
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked a room with sea view in June and was impressed with the positive attitude of the staff on the phone.
On arrival, the room I had been allocated had a sea view if you cricked your neck at 85 degrees and was so small, I felt claustrophobic. Back at reception I asked for the room to be changed only to be confronted with extra charges which I duly paid but felt if I had been asked "did a small room bother me" I would have said yes and they could have discussed extra charges there and then.
The claim that all rooms have a sea view is not fair as I said earlier, some would need mirrors to adequately call "sea view". Other than that, the hotel albeit tired looking was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for exact details of room size and location. The hotel is a rabbit warren of different sized roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromer
Cromer Country Club
The Pheasant Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelling
The Dales Country House Hotel
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to The Cliftonville Hotel? Share your experiences!