“Great place to stay I will be back”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #4 of 26 Cromer B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I found this Guest House by chance and how lucky I was. At £45 per night including breakfast, free WiFi that really works I could see WiFi boosters in the hall. not to mention it's own swimming pool. I kid you not all for £45, a short walk through the forest at the end of their garden takes you to the beech perfect.
Staff were friendly and helpful breakfast was good, evening meal they had there own chief/cook very nice to. I went on my own wanted a quiet time away so went on my own the single room was clean and just what I required felt nice and cosy.
Nice break for one, two or young family

Room Tip: I was in the single room number 12, very quiet all rooms would be the house is set back from the mai...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Hello from the Grove

Many thanks for such a nice review, and the perfect one for our 100th on TripAdvisor!

It was good to have you with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Gorgeous hotel, lovely clean room and excellent service. We were free to sit in the living room and swim in the lovely pool. The food was EXCELLENT and we were also advised on good walking routes.

My favourite thing though, which is the main reason I'm writing this review, is because my partner lost a special ring in the hotel room, and we only realised after we'd left. Even before we'd realised, the staff at the Grove had emailed us and said it was already in the post back to us. They wouldn't let us pay for the postage either and said it's "all part of the service".

I can't imagine many hotels these days making such effort to make people happy. Truly wonderful, would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello Katy

Just a quick note to say thanks for your review. It really does boost all the staff here to read such lovely comments and it was a pleasure to welcome you here.

I'm gald you got the ring back ok; one of our eagle-eyed housekeeping team spotted it just after you'd gone!

Best wishes and (again) what a cool website you have!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for one night on way home from Norfolk Broads. It was a pity we did not book for longer. A beautiful building with a wonderful history. Our room was lovely, with very good facilities. We were made very welcome upon our arrival, and enjoyed afternoon tea in their Drawing Room.
You could not be impressed in the manner the building has been lovingly restored, by the current family owners.
There is access from the gardens for a lovely walk through the woods, to the cliff top overlooking the sea.
The real gem came by way of our evening meal in the Restaurant. First class food cooked to perfection by the resident chef. A big thank you to the chef!
I shall certainly return to The Grove. A great place for a weekend away, or a night out for a quality meal. The proprietors and staff certainly know how to look after their guests.
SG

Hello Mr. G

Well thank you very much for such a glowing review. It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I very much enjoyed chatting to you on Friday evening and Saturday morning.

We'd love to see you again when you're down this neck of the woods next.

Very best wishes

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a weekend break in cromer before the cromer carnival, was a busy hotel, but had a nice stay, breakfasts good and room clean and tidy, like an older coaching lodge.
Pool was great if you didn't want to swim in the cooler sea :-)
Easy to park at hotel, I left my car for the 3 days there and walked down hill into cromer, nice location and hopper bus great to sherringham for the day as well.
Great little find and would recommend if anyone wanting to stay in cromer, they did lofts and self catering too, families were booked in those.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the grove were larger and quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mozza-hols
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and of course the weather this summer was amazing too.

It would be lovely to see you again if you're down this way in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Everything was very good, from the friendly welcome, excellent food to the comfy beds. We stayed in the Gladstone room, which is one of the excellent and well equipped chalets at the end of the garden. Perfect for families of 4 also, as there was a mezzanine with 2 futons in the room. Plus there is an indoor heated swimming pool and small adventure play ground for the kids. Pet friendly in some of the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello from the Grove - just a quick note to thank you for your review and your kind words.

We were happy to have you with us and I'm pleased that you enjoyed the Orchard Rooms. The underfloor heating is now on and they are nice and toasty for the winter!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Cromer at the Grove. It's a short walk out of town via a seaside walkway with very pretty grounds, vegetable and flower gardens, a tree house and a separate building with a pool. There is the original estate home with individual rooms, I think all are en suite. The room I saw was quite small but charming. There are also some cottages, optimal for families, featuring bedrooms, a living room, and some kitchen facility. There are also new buildings with en suite rooms a few feet from the main house. Our room had a king bed with a couch. The bathroom had a deep tub with a shower head. Everything was completely clean; rooms were very comfortable. There is a pool housed in a separate pool house.
We ate here the first night, and then returned for dinner every night after that. The food was very good, and the dining rooms were charming. The room charge includes breakfast which was the standard full English breakfast plus yogurt, cereals, juices.
Less than perfect aspects: 1) The weather was perfect, but, if it wasn't, this place doesn't have air conditioning or even fans in the rooms. 2) The waitstaff service was quite variable with some staff completely competent and at least one who was laughingly untrained. 3) There are no grab bars in the bathroom and getting out of the slippery deep tub is an accident waiting to happen.
Regardless, I would not hesitate to return here. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: You have to choose between quaint rooms in the main building and brand new rooms in the new building...
1  Thank Susan C
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

It was lovely to have you with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

I will certainly look into the three aspects that you mention. The grab rails on the baths can certainly be installed quickly and easily and we will do that as soon as possible. It would be lovely to have weather in the UK that demanded air conditioning! but it is a good suggestion to have some fans standing by ready for next summer.

Best wishes and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are all very friendly and professional, from the cleaning staff to the owner.The food was consistently very good and one could choose from a wide range of dishes that often contained vegetables grown in the gardens of the hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfy. I would happily come again when I need my next crab fix.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello from the Grove any many thanks for your review.

I'm glad to hear my staff are on their toes and I shall pass your lovely comments onto our estate manager who looks after the vegetables.

We shall make sure we have plenty of crab in for your next visit!