“Pleasant Hotel”

Sandcliff Guest House
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cromer
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lovely little hotel, everything you needed, not the most modern rooms but clean and tidy and perfect for a weekend getaway. Sea Front views are beautiful but a lot of road noise so if you like a good nights sleep ask to sleep at the rear. Noise through the doors at night of people coming in at early hours can be heard very clearly, but can't complain, we slept ok despite the noise, you can't control who's going to be in the hotel with you. Hotel is close to the town for a comfortable walking distance but not so close you can hear all the evening noise. over all, nice little hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise P

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a three night stay at the Sandcliff. The room was very clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel is right on the seafront and we had a seaview room. It is very competively priced and was very good value for money. We would have no hesitation recommending it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a somewhat late review, having stayed in the Sandcliffe from November 2012 - January 2013, however I cannot praise it highly enough. Yes, I agree with other reviewers who say that it is more b&b accommodation than an hotel, but I feel that is a plus. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, the towels big and fluffy, and the heating controllable. I hate being dictated to, as to what is the correct temperature for me (I'm at a funny age!). It is both dog, and child friendly, and is in a perfect location for both beach, and day trippers alike. Breakfast is in a large dining area, of good quality and quantity, and served with a smile, and a chat, time allowing. I was fortunate enough to stay in a large ensuite room, the shower being suitable for those with moderate mobility problems. Staff at the Sandcliffe, were excellent, without exception, headed by Fran, the manager, who was very aware of the needs of all guests ( at this time of year, there were business people, workmen, tourists, and myself, who was awaiting permanent accommodation). In fact, during my stay, one elderly lady fell and broke her arm, nothing to do with the Sandcliffe, I hasten to add, yet Fran spent all night, and all day, keeping her company when the rest of her party were out! I would, and indeed have, recommended the Sandcliffe to my family and friends, for great value, and perfect location. The Ritz, it ain't (been there, too formal), but for value, cleanliness, and personability, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed in a spacious en-suite family room with double and two singles. Friendly service and although the decor in the bedroom may be described as dated, it was fresh and clean and everything was spotless. Breakfast was excellent, particularly the fruit salad which was the best I have had at any hotel I have stayed at including many 4 and 5 star hotels.
Located on the sea front and easy to walk to beach and town. Although not cheap at £105 for a family of four, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We made a last minute booking here for a twin room as it was pretty much booked up. I think we were given a family room which had 2 singles and a double bed and was very spacious. We were at the top and the back. The en-suite had plenty of space. Despite the hot weather the room was nice and cool and a good breeze came in through the window. The breakfast was very good, the staff very pleasant and helpful. It was quiet and we had everything we needed.
Yes, the decor is very dated but it all looked fresh and the whole place was spotlessly clean. The hotel is situated right on the front so I guess rooms at the front had a good sea view. It was in a quiet position but just a 5 minute walk from the shops etc
We were very satisfied and would recommend it as a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just like being back in the 70's. More B&B than hotel that needs a real update to its decor throughout. Our room had an en suite forced into it that was approx 3m x 1m. Nice breakfast but not for me this place more £50 than the £85 they charge I would suggest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HockaBristol
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a bit of a hiccup over the beds, we asked for twins & got doubles instead. Fran soon sorted it out. The room was fairly basic, bed was very comfortable thou, bathroom quite compact & the shower could have done with a bit more power. tea & coffee, hairdryer & tv made up the rest.

Breakfast was very nice, fruit, cereal or full english if you wanted it. Good value, i would stay there again if i was going back to Cromer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oysterman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromer
Cromer Country Club
#1 of 1 in Overstrand
Hotel de Paris
Hotel de Paris
#5 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Sandcliff Guest House? Share your experiences!