All reviews sea view billiard room fresh milk seafood platter the pub dog friendly hotel roaring fire real ale eggs benedict evening meal sea front full english both nights ground coffee crab little touches comfy bed
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here this SUN just gone. My friend had the Seafood Platter and I had the Trio of Venison. We highly recommend both! Only reason a 4/5 Stars is the Venison Shepards Pie was a little bland

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you and your friend enjoyed your meals and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

We stayed at the Red Lion for a birthday treat and it was a great experience. The staff are friendly and helpful, the room was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated with great sea views and a comfy bed. Our dog was treated as a special guest: given her own bed, bowl and towel in the room and a sausage for breakfast as well as lots of fuss. Great food for us at dinner, too.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you found your room to be spotlessly clean.

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and your meals - I have passed your review onto our team for them to see.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

We stayed for one night whilst walking the Norfolk Coast Path. The location is right in the centre of town. We were lucky to find that we were able to use the last available car parking space. Without this parking could be difficult. The room was good and we certainly appreciated the sea view. We ate in the restaurant and were very happy with the food and service. There are some thoughtful touches like a fridge on each landing with fresh milk. Staff were friendly and efficient. We were not too impressed with the shower since the water saving shower heads were too efficient at limiting the flow of water. Overall a perfectly good place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you we happy with the food and service.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Was on the hunt for somewhere indoors suitable for a large group and dogs and found this! Love the witty signs!!! Food was lovely - we all have a lunch sandwich & soup / chips - really good value for around £9 (depending on what was ordered). Drinks seemed reasonable. Children’s menu was lovely (even a healthy taco), Children’s desert was expensive (£4.50) but looked amazing!
Really pleasant time. Thank you

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you and your group enjoyed your lunch and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Somehow we missed this property when we booked our Cromer break - more fools us! We found it on our wander around town and immediately wished we had booked it rather than the hotel we stayed at. The location is perfect - right in town, overlooking the sea and pier with steps straight down to the beach. There are a selection of real ales on sale and the seating is cosy and casual. We did not eat here, but the food being served looked amazing. There are some very witty quotations and bon mots scattered around the place including really odd facts - which lead to open discussion with the customers. Next time we will definitely stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed our selection of local ales and I hope to welcome you back again soon.