“Sandy's Convenient Little Gem”
Review of Days Inn Sandy

Days Inn Sandy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at The Holiday Inn Sandy overnight with my family. When booking I asked for early check in at 12 noon as we needed to change for a wedding early that afternoon and a sofa bed for our child.

We had room 24 which was a lovely ground floor room at the front of the hotel facing the disabled car parking spaces. Room was spacious enough for the 3 of us with a double bed and sofa bed. The bathroom was a good size, much bigger than I expected. Bath towels were of good quality and a nice and large to cover you.

The room and bathroom were very clean. Bed was comfy as was the sofa bed which was ample for a 10 year old to sleep on.

I found the hotel to be very quite considering it is just off the A1 and our room being near the car park, well we didn't hear a thing, we did sleep with the windows closed however due to the bushes below as I didn't feel like waking up to a bush tucker trial in the morning. Also curtains have blackout which is great when we have bright summer mornings.

Breakfast was lovely, dining room was small but adequate for its purpose and was well presented, could maybe do with one less table in there as maneuvering around to get juice and cereal was a bit tricky at times without bumping into other tables or staff with pots of tea/coffee. Breakfast itself was excellent you could have a cooked breakfast, cereals, hams, cheeses, salami, melon, fruit, yoghurt, toast, different pastries, tea and coffee. I was very impressed with the variety and it was well laid out and presented.

Bar just off reception stocks the usual spirits and draught beer.

Staff were friendly and helpful during our stay and the gentleman who served our table at breakfast on the Sunday morning wished us a good day and to enjoy the sunshine which I thought was a lovely thing to say.

All in all I would recommend this hotel. Would stay here again and found it value for money for 3 of us with breakfast included.

I went with mixed feelings and an open mind after reading previous reviews but well you can't please all of the people all of the time, I am hard to please and have very high standards and I was very impressed by this little gem near Sandy. Please don't be put off by the other reviews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2013

this was a Holiday Inn hotel, we used for an overnight stay. The rooms were large and airy, and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was large and very clean. We had an evening meal which was three courses and was delicious, quite a small dining room but the serving staff managed to get to everybody very quickly, although breakfast was a buffet style it became a bit congested by people waiting to help themselves to food. It was worth the queuing as this too was delicious. The hotel staff were all very nice and so friendly. we had a ground floor room and the view was very pretty.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I left an average review for this hotel last month mainly drawing attention to the lack of organisation in the restaurant. I recently returned and was delighted to see that my feedback had been acted upon and things were much better. The daily specials board was updated and the staff were better informed. My room was really nice with a more powerful shower. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I was so impressed that the hotel management have listened to their customers and made changes for the better. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights recently. Hotel is in a great location right next to the A1. The staff were all friendly and keen to help but the basics just weren't there and this let them down. The rooms are a good size, beds comfortable and everything was spotless so the housekeeping team deserve some praise. The shower was very disappointing, just a trickle and the hose was restrained by a ridiculous bracket type thing so you could not hold the shower head and at least bring the water to you! Hair washing was difficult which is obviously a must when staying 3 nights. The biggest issues were with the restaurant organisation. There is one restaurant but 3 menus - a la carte, daily specials and bar menu. On the first night I was only given the a la carte menu, on the second I received both a la carte and specials, and on the third I found out that there is a bar menu too! The a la carte advertises a daily fish, pasta and soup but the waiting staff do not know what these are even though there is an empty blackboard on the wall advertising them. It would give a much better impression if the staff advised you of the specials when you sit down, like most restaurants. I had salmon in a chive sauce which only came with potatoes so I had to request vegetables. I ordered duck in cherry sauce which came without the cherry sauce but pesto (!) and chicken in tarragon sauce which did not contain any tarragon but... you guessed it - pesto! I enjoyed the chcken liver pate with chutney the first night so had it again but it came with.... pesto! I couldn't be bothered to complain in the end. The food was well prepared and the staff very friendly so please just sort out the communication issues and it would be much better.

Room Tip: Being next to the A1 means it is a bit noisy. If you're looking for total quiet stay somewhere e...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RebeccaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Westlakes,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and your positive comments about about our rooms and location. I am sorry to learn that you had a problem with your shower and appreciate you brining this to our attention to rectify.
With regard to our menus, we only generally offer the a la carte and daily specials menu in our restaurant, with our bar menu being kept for the bar area. However, if guests wish to order from our bar menu and eat in the restarant, they are welcome to do so. We have just launched a new a la carte menu and following your comments have carried out further training with the team to ensure that the service is improved to be of the highest standard.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Cresswell

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stopped here purely because it was one of the cheapest in the sandy/bedford area so wasnt expecting to much, room was ok but a bit worn & smelt a bit like an oap's home.
They have a little bar there which is quite handy, in hear some of the other visitors were complaining about the food they'ed just had here, so we decided to go else where.
The room was noisy during the night as facing the roundabout for the A1, so top tip, ask for a room facing the cark park.
Despite what ive said I would stop here again purely on cost basis on a cheap business night out, but would not recomend it to anyone on holiday/vacation

Room Tip: noisey on one side right next to A1, ask for room facing car park
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank andyrob1971
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear andyrob1971,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations regarding the room condition. We will look into this point. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel was easy to find being situated on the A1 roundabout at Sandy.

Smaller than you usual Holiday Inn, the reception was welcoming and so were the staff.

Easy check In.
Very clean rooms and bathroom.
No Executive rooms, all are standard, but that was no hardship.
Restaurant meal was good, food hot and well cooked same as breakfast.
Wi-Fi is free and easy to connect.
Bed comfy, went out like a light,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham R

Dear Graham R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the positive comments you made. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Feedback from our valued guests is always appreciated and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Cresswell

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Staying while travelling south from working up north and this was a on route holiday inn and was cheaper than others I looked at, however , it was cheaper as it was well below the usual started of most holiday inns, This holiday inn was even branded slightly different as holiday inn garden court.

The staff were friendly and helpful , although they did seem a little short staffed and they all seems very busy ?. The room was large and clean , although right on the main road and I could hear the busy traffic outside.

The bar area is very small and nothing like you would normally see at other holiday inns could well do with a refurbishment as could the rest of the hotel , I had food in the bar and the food was low cost but not that good , again nothing like a holiday inn.

It was a bit like an old motel that had been bought by holiday inn but with no changes or upgrades , however, for £59 pounds with breakfast it's was ok I suppose and the guests all of which were labour contractors working in the area seemed happy enough. I wouldn't think I would stay there again as I would probably pay a little more to stay at a regular holiday inn.

The total bill was around £85 pounds but included a couple of large wines , lasagna and cheese board , so all in all was ok for the money .

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear TJD5,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bar, food selection and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Holiday Inn Express Bedford
The George at Baldock
The George at Baldock
#1 of 4 in Baldock

Been to Days Inn Sandy? Share your experiences!